View Single Post
ime_NY

2008-07-12, 23:50

I've had nothing but headaches the last 24 hours.

After installing the 2.0 software the following happened:

1.) iPhone randomly reset about 5 times within the first 2 hours after install. For some reason, it took longer than usual for the white Apple logo to disappear and the home screen to pop up; i.e., it took about 2 minutes to get from moment of reset to initial appearance of wallpaper.

2.) I did download some free aps. However, when I deleted some of them twice (i.e, delete them from the iPhone AND delete them from iTunes), these applications would reappear. This did not happen once, but at least 3 times. The most infuriating one is WeatherBug.

3.) Sliding between the home screens is slower than pre-2.0 install.

4.) Typing is slower. Exactly just as how Mr. Ten has described.

5.) Syncing took about 50 minutes to complete.

6.) Random quitting by programs

and most frustrating......

7.) With the battery run down to the 20% warning, it shut off, and has refused to power up. I've plugged it into my wall charger. Nothing. I've plugged into 3 different USB ports, hoping that'll prompt iTunes to open and sync automatically. Nothing, nothing, and nothing.

So now I've reserved time with the Genius Bar. Hopefully, the battery issue is easily fixable (it's less than a year old, and I have Apple Care)......but I've read that there's at least a 3 day turn around period for battery replacements. So if this is indeed a battery issue, I may just have to get a cheap pre-paid phone to last me the next few days. Sigh.

I hope everyone else is doing much better with their issues