Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-25, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

If we instate some kind of currency, turtle (and mrs. turtle) and I really should be forbidden from contributing items through dark magic except in dire emergencies. That goes for gifts that weren't 100% earned, too. No more giving out free diamond picks and swords at the turtle shell armory. No giving out of whole cakes or cooked meats that weren't 100% crafted naturally. No giving out of lapis or flowers or whatever is needed for a buddy's project. Otherwise, the whole "economy" will be a sham.

Basically, the turtles and I should be removed from the economy entirely.
I think that's the idea.

I just don't see the need. Like, is there anybody out there who is seriously upset that other people are getting resources for their projects through dark magicks? Is there anybody who thinks that their pretend blue blocks are somehow less special because someone else got their pretend blue blocks the wrong way? Let me know, and I'll get rid of them, srsly.

I don't think that any immediate 1:1 exchange of equivalent "value" is needed. We're not strangers. We all know each other and we all want to help out each other, especially if they've helped us out first. And how would you value different blocks, anyway? Rowdy and art gave me a bunch of wool because I was making a wool house and they had extra. I gave Bryson some sand because I built on a desert and had plenty. Is wool worth more or less than sand? Are we going to start running auctions so that the Invisible Hand can determine the value of different blocks? God, I hope not.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong