View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-25, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
As you said, selling toys has always been a big part of Star Wars. Here's a tidbit to consider: Is it possible that the toy companies themselves get to sit in on those story meetings and help dream up vehicle ideas that are relatively easy to make and/or play with?
Well that's a stupid way to make movies. I know I'm old-fashioned, but it seems like the movie/story should come first, and then everything spring from that.

Yeah, yeah...how quaint and naive, Paul.

To be clear, I have no problem with flying Stormtroopers. Just figured they would've existed way before now. What took so long?!

Why nobody - both real-life filmmakers/toy execs, OR in-story Empire/First Order military leadership - thought of it until Episode IX is a surprise. By 1983, with the release of ROTJ, it was established that a) jetpacks exist/work in that world, and b) that there were specialized Stormtrooper variants (Snowtroopers, biker scouts and I'm sure others). Seems like a flying squadron of them would've been thought of. Might have been, for all I know, and just got vetoed for story/budget reasons...only to be resurrected 36 years later as part of the AKHMI (Abrams/Kennedy Hail Mary Initiativeā„¢).

I still think the wheeled vehicle is goofy and a bit pointless.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-11-25 at 17:38.