View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-08-15, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
A Star Wars cartoon? Baby Jaba complete with bad breath jokes? Ooooo-KAY, George. Time to hang em up buddy; you are officially a nutjob. I do mean a mentally not-there person. WTF.
Making it a cartoon doesn't automatically require it to be kiddie. But that seems to be the case anyway for anything produced outside of Japan. I'm not even a huge anime fan but there are anime series that are definitely geared toward an adult audience and are not kiddie at all.

But yeah, George Lucas seems to admire Walt Disney much more than he admires, say, Ridley Scott. He wants all his movies to be kid movies. Why? I'm guessing marketing bucks. That's all he had for the decades between the release of Return Of The Jedi and The Phantom Menace.

Steven Spielberg is almost as bad. The main difference is that he can actually make good movies once in a while, even if they are overly preachy and contrived. Lucas can't even do that - instead, he just throws in stupid gags that only small children and retarded people could possibly enjoy. Forget even Jar Jar Binks - he took him out of the movies after all the backlash, but replaced him with equally inane bullshit that actually made me sort of miss the ol' fella. C-3PO accidentally getting his head swapped with a battle droid in the middle of a fight, then spouting stupid one-liner puns?

Ultimately, the point is that Lucas is a completely talentless d-bag who happened to get lucky once in his career, and he's been riding things out since then.