View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-15, 16:40

I read the first one-and-a-half books of that Thrawn stuff (he had red eyes?). "Heir to the Empire" or something like that? This was years ago. I didn't make it through the second book ("Dark" something), just via general lack of interest/patience.

Man, for all we know, this is Lucas' next "big plan": now that it has been 25 years since the last original trilogy installment, Lucas might be hatching a secret plan to round up Ford, Fisher and Hamill - all in their current "old fart" forms - to reprise their roles and do episodes 7, 8 and 9.

A pill-popping, slurring Leia, a scowling, finger-pointing Han ("give me back my hyperdrive!") and craggy-faced Luke, somehow managing to look older than Ford.

Holy crap. You folks do realize this is a distinct possibility...don't think this hasn't been swimming inside Lucas' head!

It would be the guaranteed biggest movie opening of all time, sure enough, seeing those original characters, played by the original actors 30 years on (has that ever happened before?).

Hell...I'm almost wanna see it, now that I think about it.

With the recent "Indiana Jones and the Search for Who Gives a Damn", Harrison Ford has shown that he's no snob and is open to the idea of revisiting past roles and glory. If he'll do Indy, he'd sure do Han Solo.

And Fisher and Hamill could probably use the work, and would sign on for scale.

I can't remember if Lando was in those Zahn novels. If so, what's Billy Dee up to these days? Bring 'em all back!