Thread: Good Stuff
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-26, 14:47

Hell yeah good vibes thread!

Tomorrow morning I'm (hopefully) getting my braces off after 4 years and 6 months. I had to permanently lose two adult teeth in the process, and I've stabbed or sliced the insides of my cheeks more times than I could count (and those tender spots take forever to heal). I'm so ready and excited that I called my dentist to bump up my regular examination and cleaning by a whole month to tomorrow afternoon so that I can enjoy the maximum impact of this change.

Despite the massive inconvenience and disruption of all the things thanks to covid, since we've been staying more at home, masking in public spaces, and rigorously adhering to proper hygiene habits, my wife and I have been surprisingly healthy. I can't even remember the last time either of us was proper "sick" like with a cold or flu. It was definitely well before we all started reacting to the pandemic news in April 2020. I used to get bad sick at least once a year, like incapacitated, bed-ridden, sweats and chills, and feeling on the brink of death. Not in the last couple years!

The seasonal weather is finally turning nice where I live in North Carolina. The last few days, we've finally seen highs in just the low 70s F/ 20s C. The summer was kind of brutal here. My wife and I enjoyed taking evening walks, but we forfeited them due to weather… until last week. We're relieved that autumn has returned, mosquitos are settling down, and spooky season is just around the corner. After-dinner neighborhood walks are back on the menu!

Over the weekend I replaced our old rusted-shut garbage disposal. No professional help needed! Just a replacement unit, a YouTube video, and a lot of elbow grease. It was my first time doing major work under the sink like that, and I'm proud to add one more notch to my "homeowner DIY" belt.

Feels good, man.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.