View Single Post
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2006-11-04, 11:33

I'm serving as a chief election judge in my home county, so I've had a pretty good experience working with the machines, a lot of people like them because of the ease of use and such. Physical security is also pretty good, the machines are secured at the election office and then transported to the voting site a few days ahead of time, we then secure them in a locked closet at whatever voting location they are at. As for the whole side door being opened by a mini-bar key thing, the door won't open past 20 some odd degrees with the divider up, you'd have to move it to get access to the memory card. Someone messing with the side-divider will draw attention.

Now that's not to say everything is perfect... I'm worried that the source code hasn't been seen by outside eyes. Now a few machines are randomly pulled out and run during the election time with fake votes to check the accuracy, but Maryland's election board has been proven to be a mess. My local election board is great, we weren't the one's who fucked up the primary in this state, but then again we have like 1/24th of voters in the state as compared to the much, much larger counties.

I voted via absentee ballot, so hopefully it will be counted.

"It's a good thing there's no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release