View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-28, 08:55

I've heard numerous stories - and I'm even part of one myself - of how 5c owners didn't even make it 18 months with theirs and handed it off to a relative or a buddy and got something else.

Off-topic (click to toggle):
In my case, my nephew gave me his unused yellow one because I made a serious timing blunder in the selling of my iPhone 5 and a few things kinda popped up/fell through and I wasn't able to get the 6s as I'd planned. I was phone-less for about a week or so, trying to think of what the best approach would be (I wasn't bonkers about the 6s, and, looking back, I probably should've just put a new battery in the 5 and got another couple of years out of it).

Live and learn.

But he heard about the situation and said "hey, I've got this 5c I'm not using if you'd like it".

I used his 5c as a "let me figure a couple of things out" stopgap until that iPhone SE magically appeared a few months later (and I got one in April 2016). So I had it for about 5-6 months. I remember the day the SE showed up at Apple's site...I was thrilled.

"Wait, you mean I can get a phone for $399 that's the exact one-hand-friendly design as my beloved 5?! I don't have to spend $600 for something that's bigger than I ever wanted/asked for?"

That might've been my favorite, best-timed and surprise/out-of-nowhere Apple product release ever.