View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-06-10, 12:15

I perceive that any "dangerous" underwater mobs are going to cause more trouble than gaming fun. Even with Aqua Affinity, you cannot see underwater once you go below a certain depth, meaning mob drops and lost bits will be nearly impossible to find. In other words, what's the point? These mobs better drop something awfully special, or I can see plenty of players avoiding the water altogether. Why even go when an encounter with the nasties all but guarantees you lose all your stuff. /back will be useless in many of these situations as your loot will be deeper than normal breathing will allow you to dive. You can write it off almost as certainly as swimming in lava.

Also, if these mobs are dangerous for boats, then I predict the spread of nerd "bridges" all across the oceans ( ) or the artificial expansion of the world as wanderers go around large bodies of water instead of across them.

And, as Drew said, the sudden appearance of hostile land mobs might force you into the water only to lose all your stuff to water mobs. Lame!

There's no place to run. Oh, the humanity!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)