View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-09-10, 01:10

OK, spoilers off for now. Beta 1.8 information is pouring out across the Interwebs, and there's no sense in trying to hide it. If you want to be surprised, just stop reading here.

Ready?

OK, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Fair warning: some of you guys are gonna have nightmares about the things you'll find in the new mineshaft/dungeon/strongholds.

Remember this guy I mentioned earlier? I fell into what appeared to be a ravine with an abandoned mine in it. A bunch of poison spiders attacked me, and I quickly dug a safe spot into the nearby wall.

I turned on "peaceful" to escape and explore for a bit, and I found no less than THREE spider spawners in the immediate vicinity. That's not all though. Sure, the spiders are scary, but then the mindfuck sets in. I'm in a huge (HUGE) abandoned mine. Obviously manmade structures and mining halls stretch out, all decaying with occasionally missing pieces, collapsed walls and ceilings, and of course spiderwebs peppered throughout. The previous occupants managed to keep up a few stray torches, and the rare chests I found had ingots of gold, redstone, and a few other valuables. There are side tunnels and diagonal tunnels that look just like players made them. I didn't reach the edge of the mine before getting lost and turned around and ending up back where I started. It must cover some roughly 100 blocks square.

These things are incredibly well designed. No doubt late at night places like this will give you the creeps, and I don't just mean the exploding kind. Mad props to Notch and Jeb for these additions.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.