View Single Post
Freewell

2007-01-25, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The news is too depressing and lame, sitcoms aren't funny, dramas are all rip-offs of one another (yes, we need six more "gritty forensics" shows, don't we...the current 14 just isn't enough), "reality TV" is the dregs, I'm not into sports, etc.
Hail, someone's finally noticed!!!

Quote:
All those channels, and nothing on. Kinda speaks volumes.

Very astute observation.

Quote:
I may very well do that...keep my Internet (of course), stop the TV and just get a Netflix subscription (I love movies but I despise going to Blockbuster...it's a total zoo and their selection has gotten worse, not better, over time...they'll stock 240 copies of Adam Sandler's latest waste-of-time, but I couldn't find some quirky, funky movie I remembered seeing years and years ago and would like to watch again, like "Southern Comfort", "Breaking Away", "Sid & Nancy", etc.).

Hmmm...
If you are are already this much inclined, I think you'll be amazed at what a new lease on life you'll have! It's like getting years of your life back that got sucked into a mystical black hole, never to be seen again! And as far as missing it... you probably will, but much in the same manner a food addict misses their donuts upon adapting a healthier lifestyle. After awhile, the void grows smaller and smaller, and they stop thinking about them so much. Then one day, they have a small donut at some social function and are astounded to discover how disgustingly sweet it is, wondering all the while what the big draw used to be! Anyway, let us know what you decide, and keep us posted.