View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-06-02, 14:14

I would love to see a "front page" with good content added for sure. I'm also not in the position that I'm really going to be much help there at all though.

For keeping the doors open, I'm all for doing stuff there. I have many times wondered the same about the ANMC server. I mean, there for a while no one was playing it at all. I actually have my monitoring server track active users on it because I was working to justify keeping it on. In the end, I see activity and was easily able to justify keeping it going.

AppleNova I'm sure is the same way. Sure many have moved on, including moderators. This mean our most current posts end up being spam and not removed. This in turn adds to that horrible downhill trend.

Just like users provided me with cash to help pay for hardware upgrades for the MC server, I'm sure we could do a "fund drive" to cover the cost of vB upgrades and such. Maybe even every now and then remind people of the cost of hosting and that someone pays to keep the lights on and the domain valid. Maintaining the forums and such beyond initial upgrade could be something more of a team effort in some regards.

I just hate the idea of going where there is no control.

In the end this site will one day close, but to quote a very wise sloth:
Well, I'd rather it not be today. OK?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.