I want my holiday themes back Brad!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I want my holiday themes back Brad!
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-14, 17:57

Ok, while I'm not really bothered that they aren't there I really do miss them. While I personally couldn't care less about Valentine's Day, I was kinda hoping the speed holes would change.

I didn't get to see the lack of them during this Christmas season because I was pretty much only logging in on my mobile (Slim Theme).

Sure there are some people who need to find a personality and a life. They also need to learn that change is a good thing. Don't let those people cause the rest of us to not enjoy the season as much.

I know I'm not the only one who enjoys they themes you do. After seeing the Google logo today it dawned on me how much I miss that little touch here on AN.

Please bring back the seasonal/holiday themes. It really helps to make this place home. If people complain, you could always just ban them during that theme's duration.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2007-02-14, 17:58

Yeah Brad! We want holes for Valentine's Day!

I'm sure Murbot will have some ideas...
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-02-14, 18:10

I have to admit Brad, I kinda was a little disappointed there was no christmas theme.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-02-14, 19:19

I think he's been busy. He hasn't been posting as much lately.
spikeh
BANNED

Send a message via AIM to spikeh Send a message via MSN to spikeh  
2007-02-14, 19:39

For the record, I couldn't care less about the holiday themes
MSFT

2007-02-14, 19:40

For whatever reason, I suddenly heard "I want my MTV!" even though it's not really related.

However, I agree that the holiday themed skins were always enjoyable. Especially that Halloween one.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-02-14, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Yeah Brad! We want holes for Valentine's Day!

I'm sure Murbot will have some ideas...
Here's a good pic to start off.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
http://hulubei.net/tudor/photography/photos/R/o/Rose-Closeup-1500x1000.jpg

May require a bit of re-sizing.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-02-14, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFT View Post
For whatever reason, I suddenly heard "I want my MTV!" even though it's not really related.

However, I agree that the holiday themed skins were always enjoyable. Especially that Halloween one.
Boo! No, really, boo. I didn't like the Halloween theme at all.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-14, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
It's more likely because a bunch of whiney members threw a fit because he changed things. I'm not going to find the post, but I do recall reading it and I'm sure if you search his posts you'll find it.

Heck, even if the theme change isn't a drastic as the Halloween theme it would be cool. Kind like the Independence Day theme last year.

I just hat e the fact that people bitching because of "change" means we loose one of the cool aspects of the board. (MWSF countdown clock being another.)

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-14, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
It's more likely because a bunch of whiney members threw a fit because he changed things. I'm not going to find the post, but I do recall reading it and I'm sure if you search his posts you'll find it.
http://forums.applenova.com/showpost...2&postcount=20 is about as close as I could find…
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-02-15, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
http://forums.applenova.com/showpost...2&postcount=20 is about as close as I could find…
Also http://forums.applenova.com/showpost...&postcount=156 and http://forums.applenova.com/showpost...4&postcount=46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
Partly this, too.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-02-15, 08:16

Ok Brad. So maybe a few people moaned about some themes. I believe I actually moaned about the Halloween one, but so what you can't please all of the people all of the time. (I know been their done that waste of time)

It's just a bit of fun and only temporary, It's part of what makes AN individual and a great place to belong.

I for one apologise to AN and Brad if I caused part of this problem.

After all it was you Brad that set me straight right from the start, and welcomed me here many months ago.

So a personal thanks to AN and Brad.

Not forgetting all the other Mods & Admins, who without AN would not be such a great community.

Long live AN.

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ironlung

2007-02-15, 09:21

I miss the holiday themes as well. Brought a little added flavor to the forum. I havent been logging on much to have noticed a lack of a winter theme. I hope they come back!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-15, 11:01

These were the ones I was thinking of. (I thought they were the same one.)

Either way, I would still like to see the themes come back.
Freewell

2007-02-15, 16:27

Ok, I have noticed that if you offer someone two cents, inevitably they hand you back change, so I'll only include my one and a half cents! In doing so, I will offer myself up as an unpleasant example... I used to be extremely legalistic, and would actually go to the managers of stores and ask them to change their music, because at that time, I believed it was basically a sin for me to even hear it. (I'm grateful to have grown immensely since then, leaving the accompanying grossly judgmental mentality behind. )

Anyway, I am truly convinced that if I were personally to find any particular holiday theme offensive, rather than kvetching about it loudly for everyone to take note of my indignation, I could merely opt out of the skin and allow the others to enjoy what, for them posed no issue. Taking halloween for instance... I don't personally even recognize this as a holiday, but I am not going to make a jackass out of myself and try to smear my convictions on everyone else, most of which don't even care to hear about it.

Just my thoughts.

Can we have our themes back now Brad? Please??
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-05, 20:48

BTW, I still miss the holiday themes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-05, 20:59

Well, let's see what I can do about that...

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-05, 21:00

Also this Brad guy sounds like a corupt lazy jerk. Who hates Christmas?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-05, 21:24

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-16, 16:36

Brrr! Did somebody leave a window open??
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2022-12-16, 17:41

YES.

Approved.
¡Damned!

2022-12-18, 16:59

Love it!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-12-18, 18:43

I am clearly missing something...

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-12-18, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I am clearly missing something...

There’s a snow animation on legacy computers.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-18, 18:58

Sorry phone users.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-19, 10:53

YAY! Thank you Brad!
I love it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-12-19, 11:24

BTW, the snowing effect is blocked by the optional "Fanboy’s Annoyance" filter if you have that enabled in uBO. It took me a minute to figure out why it wasn't showing consistently across my browsers. I decided to leave the code as it is so people who do want to block it like that it can let it be blocked without any additional effort.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-12-21, 00:10

Hey now THAT is neat!!! How did you get it to go all the way down the page and accumulate at the bottom? Is this a CodePen thing?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-02-27, 19:29

Been awfully warm for some of us this winter. I've been wearing tees and shorts for most of February. 70s-80s F, low-mid 20s C, last week and this week.

Not a single snowflake this season here in NC. Not even a freak ice storm.

The header is mocking me.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-02-27, 19:54

Turn it off, I think it's making it snow more than normal here.