User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The Movie Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Movie Thread
Page 76 of 103 First Previous 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80  Next Last Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-15, 15:40

Well, I said upthread - and I wasn't joking - that Ford must be undertaking a final victory lap/greatest hits run, with Solo, Jones and Deckard (those are all done or confirmed projects). I was joking about Jack Ryan and John Book (and I forgot to include Falfa), but who knows? So yeah, he may be on a mission to send off all his iconic characters with one last go-around in the next 6-8 years (he's 73, so maybe he's eyeing retirement at 80 and thinking "I'll go full-tilt for 6-7 more years, then piss off! I don't wanna hear another word about these characters, Kimmel and Fallon!").

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Indy meets his demise in this, and the torch is somehow passed to some middle-of-the-road, charisma-free Y.A. actor to "carry on" the role (which nobody will go see).

Sometimes, Hollywood, it's perfectly cool/acceptable (and smart) to Quit While You're Ahead™.

They're never going to, of course. But they should consider it every now and then.

I know for a fact that my overall feelings/assessment of Indiana Jones is much different now, post-2008, than it was for the 19 years leading up to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They didn't leave well enough alone, they shattered that awesome final image/memory of Indy, Dad, Brody and Sallah riding off into the sunset, replacing it with the 2008 version. Not a good move.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-15, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I wonder if George Lucas is involved? That, by itself, carries more jackassery weight than any other point.

Remember, though, that Disney is in charge, now, and (without Lucas around) may bring us something much more entertaining than we would expect otherwise.

Perhaps this is a golden opportunity to kill off the old fogey and set the stage for some new? Kind of like that last blockbuster we were whining about?
I believe all of Lucas' properties/interests went with the sale to Disney. As far as I know, none of that is under his control or guidance anymore. So, I assume, this Indy 5 would be a Lucas-free outing. Which, in theory, could make for something better than Crystal Skull (in the same way The Force Awakens goes down better than any of the prequels).

But still...does it really need to be made? The answer, of course, is "no". But that's also pretty much a guaranteed $300-400M (done right) that Disney isn't going to just let sit there.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2016-03-15, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Maybe Mr. Ford has a deal with Lucas and Spielberg that his beloved characters get knocked off before he dies in real life,
So he's going to be the new Sean Bean?

"Welp, you know *he's* gonna die..."
¡Damned!

2016-03-15, 17:11

I know you're watching all 50 episodes again before Season 6.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-16, 11:33

Interesting take from Goober Gruber.

If he's right (that no one liked LaBoooooof), and that Harrison didn't like Kingdom and wants to actually, you know, do it right (and without Lucas, which is hilarious) then I think it will be just fine. Just fine indeed.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-16, 17:12

Well that's encouraging.

Poor Lucas. The guy only created the greatest world/franchise/saga I've ever known...only to forever taint it from 1999-2005 and reduce himself to a punchline/pariah on his own work.

That actually is kinda sad.

In a sane world, George Lucas should be heavily involved in any Star Wars or Indiana Jones outing. It's kinda weird and sad that he isn't, but...he shouldn't have written and/or directed such miserable, unwatchable shit either. So...

It's entirely possible - and I'm kinda leaning toward believing it at this point - that the man shot his cinematic wad by 1989. And it's just been momentum, reputation and kindness of others sustaining him ever since (until he sold to Disney and got out from under it, because even he probably knew he wasn't going to be the best thing for it all, moving forward).

Has that ever happened before, in pop culture or the arts? Someone creating something so huge, wonderful and popular...and then also being the very person who ends up kinda mucking it up? Tolkien? Roddenberry?

It's hard to feel bad for a billionaire, but I do have to wonder what goes through his head as he lies in bed late at night..."I had so many stories I wanted/needed to tell...".

Time-wise, I'm curious to see where/when/how they frame this new one. Crystal Skull jumped roughly 20 years (as in real life as well) into the future, from the 30's into the 1950's atomic age. That was 11 years ago, so do they do it again, placing a 70-something Indy squarely into the 1960's? The Space Race? References to Kennedy, Cuba, Vietnam, the Beatles, Laugh-In, hippies, etc.? That'll be really weird! The hat/fedora thing was gone by then, so will he be the sore-thumb guy and just hold on tight to his iconic headwear in a world where most men gave them up years earlier? Will he drive a VW? Does he own any Hendrix or Jefferson Airplane albums?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-16, 23:52

Was just over at CNN and they were calling it "Raiders of the Lost AARP".

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-21, 00:03

Funny to think we're just a few days away from two of the biggest, most iconic comic book characters appearing on the big screen together for the first time...and the overall silence couldn't be more deafening.

There are some TV spots and I've seen a few tie-in commercials (Dodge, etc.) but I've not seen the huge hype/push like you'd think. Nothing like any Avengers/Marvel release gets, and certainly nowhere close to The Force Awakens buildup.

Odd.

I halfway pay attention to/follow this sort of stuff more than the average schmo, and it's barely registering on my radar. You could certainly understand/forgive an average joe casual moviegoer for not even knowing Superman and Batman are mere days away from appearing on screen together, live-action.

Maybe it all kicks in this week?

But I think it's a combination of this early March release (for this type of movie) and the fact that Man of Steel didn't exactly set the world on fire (and, looking back, was really no more memorable than Superman Returns, Men In Black III, or any other expensive, high-profile exercise in cinematic "meh").

Considering what's about to take place - the live-action pairing of two comic book titans - and planting the seeds for the big screen Justice League and its related standalone movies - I just expected the world to be hip-deep in Superman/Batman overload at this point.

Gonna be interesting to see how this thing does next weekend. I'm still not assuming/taking it for granted it'll be a genuine smash hit. I think it's saddled with a tougher uphill climb than i would've ever imagined for such an outing.

I honestly don't have a single person in my circle - male, female, pre-teen, high schooler, millennial, 40-something, retiree, etc. - who has mentioned or discussed this with me, or expressed an ounce of "I can't wait 'til Friday!!!" sentiments. I've not talked about it with anyone (and I probably spend 30% of my existence talking about movies with people I know).

I just find it all very strange/fascinating.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-21 at 00:20.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2016-03-21, 00:14

Count me among those who forgot that movie was coming.

I have to wonder if Marvel/Netflix timed their releases specifically to screw with WB, stealing their press coverage with Daredevil season 2 out this weekend and the big reveal in the last Civil War trailer. That's all anyone wants to talk about this week WRT superhero movies.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-21, 00:23

True. But still...it's Superman and Batman.

That alone should trump (or at least match) any Spidey reveal or Daredevil-related coverage or hype.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2016-03-21, 00:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
True. But still...it's Superman and Batman.

That alone should trump (or at least match) any Spidey reveal or Daredevil-related coverage or hype.
Considering that Man of Steel was universally panned, I don't have any hope for DC's universe.

When Marvel releases a new movie, there's buzz. Not just online and in the media but in person. We talk about it at work. I'm sure all the conversations tomorrow in the office kitchen will be about Daredevil.

I have yet to hear a single person utter even one word about Superman vs. Batman. I know those posters have been up in theaters for what seems like seven or eight years now but I just can't bring myself to care.

In many ways I think DC is cursed by the existing fame of their superheroes. *Everyone* knows the origin stories of Superman and Batman at this point. There's just no new ground to cover there without destroying canon (which they could get away with, if they had the balls and vision for it). To their credit, to do seem to realize this at least a bit with Batman, or they at least realized they weren't going to top Nolan's entry to that genre.

But contrast Man of Steel with Marvel: they've been much more comfortable with completely skipping the background stories of their well-known characters because everyone already knows the fucking story. Neither Hulk nor Spidey got origin movies.

Granted, the lack of a Spiderman origin movie may have more to do with their Sony kerfuffle but Feige has stated that they won't be doing an origin story.

Instead, they focus on lesser-known characters like Iron Man or the Guardians that let them build up characters that aren't part of the public consciousness, skipping over the beginnings of others as-needed and just dropping them right into the action. Superman and Batman are narrative straightjackets, they're just too well known. You can do whatever the hell you want with Peter Quill.

Last edited by Ryan : 2016-03-21 at 00:53.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2016-03-21, 01:32

Quote:
Funny to think we're just a few days away from two of the biggest, most iconic comic book characters appearing on the big screen together for the first time...and the overall silence couldn't be more deafening.
This isn't going to be a majority opinion here, but opening this on Easter weekend is ridiculous to me.

I like superhero movies as much as anyone, but my Easter priorities make it an easy choice to push viewing it to next week.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-21, 08:20

Yeah, that's definitely going to be a factor for many. Good point.

Weird that WB can't read the landscape well enough to sidestep that particular unnecessary risk and box office denter.

For several reasons, I have a feeling we're about to witness 2016's biggest box office disappointment. Nothing about this screams "in-the-bag mega blockbuster!!!" to me. At all. It'll likely be the very definition of "opening weekend wad-shooter", if you'll pardon the crude description. And that they've placed the all-important (more than ever) opening weekend on a date where so many will indeed be busy with/focused on something much more important to them...that just seems like such a boneheaded, amateur hour logistical/tactical decision on the part of WB.

This movie has far more going/working against it than not, IMO (iffy writers/director, coming off a lukewarm - at best - previous entry, unappealing or outright weird casting, a general sense of "us too!" catch-up to Marvel/Avengers with desperate, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink moviemaking/world-building, the aforementioned scheduled opening date and the automatic guarantee for huge no-show numbers, the overall lack of genuine buzz/interest, weak trailers, etc.).

Sad. In theory, this should be one of the most hyped, anticipated movies in ages (after The Force Awakens), simply because of the presence of these two characters together.

It just isn't.

The hit pieces and "what went wrong" analysis we'll be seeing in the business and entertainment press in another 7-10 days will be quite the read, I'm betting.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-21 at 08:47.
murbot
Hoonigan

2016-03-21, 09:55

It's definitely weird to me, the lack of buzz. Of course I've slowly realized over the past several years that I'm firmly in the minority when it comes to liking Superman. I'll be seeing this movie when it comes out for sure.

They even had poor Henry Kavill walking around in a Superman shirt in Times Square the other day, taking photos of him and the posters, and not one person noticed. Poor bastard.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-21, 11:42

I saw that. I think it kinda speaks volumes about some things (and not in a good way). That's the most charismatically-challenged actor I've seen in quite some time. To have him, of all people (and with that receding hairline and borderline Freddie Mercury overbite), playing this character has bugged me since the day he was announced/cast, years ago.

"This guy?! You're shitting me, right? He's Jimmy Olsen, surely."

At least Affleck, in costume, somewhat looks the part of the character he's playing...

I imagine the review embargo, as with The Force Awakens in December, will lift at some point this week, days before the big rollout. Curious to hear what the overall take is. I believe that initial burst of opinion will make all the difference in the world, one way or the other.

We've talked here before about how with movies like this there simply aren't enough geeks and diehards to float it 100%. There has to be regular joe, mainstream appeal beyond the midnight premiere/costumed/neckbeard/Con crowds. And if those viewers aren't lured in by Avengers (the first one) or The Force Awakens-level praise and positive word-of-mouth, there aren't enough fast-food tie-ins or Kimmel/Fallon appearances in the world that will sustain it.

I do expect a decent opening weekend (Thursday and Friday, for sure), simply from the diehard/hardcore fans and the random, curious heathens not doing Easter-related stuff But come Sunday, the word - the real word, not WB marketing/hype - will be out. And then we'll see.

These days, movies - especially ones like this - make or break on opening weekend. There is no longer a "slow burn" or "naturally building" phase as there was 30-40 years ago. These things open wide, they open big and they open everywhere. So the response, positive or negative, is immediate and charts the path, immediately out of the gate.

And that would terrify me as a studio executive! No wonder those guys are all coked-out and neurotic. I would be too.

You gotta hit a decisive home run in those first 48-72 hours...or else. With the Internet getting the world out immediately, and with dozens of other things competing for one's entertainment dollar, the world no longer tolerates a complete turd, or allows a "maybe" to incubate over a few weeks and slowly catch fire and find its mark. There are exceptions, sure. But they're just that.

And with the $$$ involved in these sorts of things ($200+ to make, another $100M or so in marketing/promotion ...and I may be shooting low on that?), the definition of a hit or "home run" these days is a pretty high mark to hit! It ain't enough to make $300-400M if all that does is cover the production and marketing of the silly thing. Somebody's gonna lose their butt (and gig), and heads will roll. The numbers involved in all this stuff always blows my mind!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-21 at 11:55.
¡Damned!

2016-03-21, 12:11

I just cant believe they're blowing their Doomsday wad so early. That could've been a great stand-alone film after the JL gets together, given he kicks all of their asses with a hand tied behind his back. Plus they really fucked up his look... where are the bone spikes? He looks like a knobby TMNT in this.

So it goes.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-21, 17:41

I've been saying this for two years, but they truly look like they're trying to do in one movie what Marvel did in 3-4 (over the course of that many years). The cast list at IMDb is about 400 miles long, with everyone you've ever heard of basically putting in an appearance.

Basically, I'll go just to watch Gal Gadot's legs. Not even gonna lie and pretend otherwise.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-22, 21:25

It's Tuesday night...when does the review embargo for this Batman v Superman thing end? They're cutting it very close (it'll go into wide release here in the U.S. in just two nights). Surely it's tonight at some point? Or early tomorrow?

Or are they afraid they have a turkey on their hands and they're not letting any reviews hit before Friday?

EDIT: Okay, I found a few (they just weren't hitting any of the sites I usually go to). Hmmm. Quite tepid (but everyone seems to like Affleck's portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne). Interesting.

EDIT #2: Currently at 40% on RottenTomatoes. Wow. Surely that'll go up? But if it doesn't...yikes.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-22 at 22:00.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-23, 18:06

Wow...it's pretty bad out there. Poor DC/WB, can't seem to hit their stride.

What kills me is how many chances they're going to give Zack Snyder. Man of Steel didn't set the world on fire in any way, this Batman v Superman seems to be following directly in its path and he's slated to start filming on the Justice League movie shortly.

Seriously?

Pardon the crude analysis (and a nod to Pacino's Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross)...but who is Snyder nephew to in Hollywood? Whose dick is he sucking on at WB?!

Hollywood is famous for firing or yanking directors from projects after just single misstep or less-than outing. People typically don't get one more chance to the drop the ball with high-profile, tentpole projects, let alone 2-3. That this guy appears to have crapped the bed twice for WB/DC with such major, iconic characters/properties (and is apparently gearing up for a third go) blows my mind.

If this current one tanks and really underperforms, I expect a press release within a week or two to the effect of "an exhausted Zack Snyder has decided to hand over the reins to the upcoming Justice League movie to another director, in order to recharge his batteries and spend some much-needed time with his family." [translation: they canned his butt before he completely wrecked the joint and sunk all their plans].

Yikes.

That's amazing. We've all seen what usually happens if directors lay an egg (others are brought in, the studio goes in a different direction, etc.).

But not this guy. They hand him the keys to the DC/JLA universe and just letting him take a public pee all over it I guess.

From what I've read about this movie, it sounds like a bunch of people at WB (and, oddly, DC) don't know WTF Superman and Batman are supposed to be/do, big picture, anyway. So it could very well be a joint, group effort in incompetency, point-missing and cluelessness. But any meddling suits won't get the blame, of course. Snyder will be the face of it all and the fall guy (if they want to go that route).

Kinda makes me wonder if Jon Peters is still in the mix...demanding giant spider sequences, Superman fighting some polar bears, gay robots, etc.? Sounds like he could be. You're an L.A. hairdresser who ends up putting it to Barbra Streisand, eventually landing you in a position to produce (butcher?) big-budget Hollywood movies. How amazing is that?!

Don't tell me the American dream isn't alive and well!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-23 at 18:21.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2016-03-23, 18:51

Saw Gone Girl with the wife as a video rental the other day. Not a bad movie. It has an interesting film noire feel to it. Not old fashioned film noire (which I also enjoy) - this is a very modern movie. But still good.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-26, 00:09

Ben Affleck responds to an interviewer asking about the initially mixed reception of Batman v Superman.
Jason
Veteran Member

2016-03-26, 10:14

I just got back from seeing it. The plot was all over the place but I still enjoyed it. Comic book nerds on the Internet are never happy. They're criticising a comic book movie for its lack of coherent narrative? Lol.

Affleck was an absolute badass batman. The best interpretation of the character ever. Period.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-26, 10:41

That's what I hear, over and over. Which is funny because when his casting was announced I remember everyone peeing their pants, getting their nerd panties in a knot or just outright laughing.

Turns out he's apparently the best thing in this, as I predicted/suspected ages ago. Him being Batman is 60x easier to buy than that no-charisma/spark, I'm-gonna-cry-any-second-now lump playing Superman. Robert Smith doing film consulting work?

PS - No comic book nerd here, BTW. I don't think those are the people not liking this anyway. Hell, it might help if I was a comic nerd? Perhaps I'd already be accustomed/immune to a certain level of "WTF?!?"

"Yeah, this is about as preposterous, overwrought and intelligence-insulting as issue 71...".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-26 at 11:12.
murbot
Hoonigan

2016-03-28, 19:57

Oh my god that was effing incredible.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-04-02, 18:42

Quote:
We've talked here before about how with movies like this there simply aren't enough geeks and diehards to float it 100%. There has to be regular joe, mainstream appeal beyond the midnight premiere/costumed/neckbeard/Con crowds. And if those viewers aren't lured in by Avengers (the first one) or The Force Awakens-level praise and positive word-of-mouth, there aren't enough fast-food tie-ins or Kimmel/Fallon appearances in the world that will sustain it.

I do expect a decent opening weekend (Thursday and Friday, for sure), simply from the diehard/hardcore fans and the random, curious heathens not doing Easter-related stuff But come Sunday, the word - the real word, not WB marketing/hype - will be out. And then we'll see.

These days, movies - especially ones like this - make or break on opening weekend. There is no longer a "slow burn" or "naturally building" phase as there was 30-40 years ago. These things open wide, they open big and they open everywhere. So the response, positive or negative, is immediate and charts the path, immediately out of the gate.
Well I wasn't wrong.

Good grief...if you can't pull off Batman(!) and Superman(!!), together for the first time(!!!), any better than this, I assure you nobody on the planet gives two swinging damns about Aqua-Man and whatever other second-tier character standalone movies they've got planned. The Wonder Woman is currently being filmed and I suspect all involved must have that horrible feeling of "we're working hard on a turd nobody is going to care about". That would suck.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-04-02 at 18:55.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I just got back from seeing it. The plot was all over the place but I still enjoyed it. Comic book nerds on the Internet are never happy. They're criticising a comic book movie for its lack of coherent narrative? Lol.

Affleck was an absolute badass batman. The best interpretation of the character ever. Period.
I agree 100% with Jason.

I saw BvS in the theater yesterday, and I really don't get what all the hate and fuss is all about. Yes, there are a few plot issues. Yes, it's a dark and brooding interpretation of these DC characters. Was it enjoyable to watch and did it mostly work? Heck yeah.

I'm definitely not a comic book nerd, though. I did live through the 90s and remember the big media circus around Supes getting into a little fight with Doomsday. My uncle got a copy of that one famous issue, but that's about as much as I knew about it. Do I know Doomsday's origin story? Nope. Do I know how the Justice League was formed? Not a clue. Frankly, consistency with the hundreds of already contradictory and rebooted comic books doesn't really matter to me as long as the current incarnation is put together in a believable fashion.

There are only four immediate criticisms I left the theater stewing over: two major and two minor. I'm sure more critical folks will have dozens.

Minor:
Spoiler (click to toggle):
Wonder Woman was a pointless addition to the film. Yes, I understand that they're setting up for her own film, but she didn't do much at all in this one. I think I would have been significantly less disappointed if the trailer hadn't revealed who she was. At least if there was some mystery and suspense about this strange woman, that could have felt a little more interesting and valuable.
I really wish they shouldn't have shown videos of Flash, Aqua Man, and Cyborg. Showing their files would have been plenty. I guess I was hoping for some kind of tie-in with the TV shows because I was disappointed to see some other dude playing as the Flash instead of the actor from the show.

Major:
Batman's turn from mortal enemy to friend was unbelievably quick. That was the only thing that broke the suspension of disbelief for me.
The last two seconds of the film. I was actually very impressed and surprised that the film followed through on the whole Doomsday kills Superman thing. I thought surely they'd chicken out and change this plot line (like so many other things) and only let Supes get badly maimed or wake up a few seconds later or something. But the last two seconds. Ugh. They just undid all of the potential emotional investment in his death.

Also, yes, five thumbs up for Batfleck. 👍

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
zippy
Veteran Member

2016-04-05, 10:52

99% agree Brad. My only point of difference would be that I would drop your 1st minor complaint. I really don't mind how they did that.

I enjoyed this film. I'm not comic purist, but i went and was entertained for a couple of hours. That's all I want in a film. Everything doesn't have to be 'perfect,' 'mind-blowing,' 'meaningful'...

Heck, I enjoyed 'Man of Steel' well enough too. Could they have done some things better? Sure, but it was still a fun movie. My only real problem with MoS was that I would like to have seen Superman put a lot more effort into taking the fight to a 'safe zone.' Really, Superman's only weakness is that he will sell-out in a fight to protect innocents - that wasn't on display in either of these films. But given the premise of BM vs SM, maybe that's a development that they are intentionally planning to flesh-out on screen. Per this storyline, maybe Superman is going to come to that mindset more from BM's influence than his own.

For the future:
Not looking forward to Aquaman. At all. I really wish they would leave him out of this as I don't see how they could integrate him, or make an interesting story for him. Maybe I will be wrong though. Marvel certainly made Captain America cooler than I ever thought they could.

But for the love of God: please DC, forget that the Wonder Twins ever existed. Just put them out of your mind, forever.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
Frank777
Veteran Member

2016-04-05, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
please DC, forget that the Wonder Twins ever existed. Just put them out of your mind, forever.
It will happen. It has to happen.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-04-05, 11:05

If your world-saving superhero team can't consist of a couple of folks who can turn themselves into some water and a bucket for their monkey to carry, you're not doing it right.

At this point, I can see WB/DC going for that "dark, edgy" Wonder Twin thing. Pointy-eared, perpetual scowl and forever unsure of their place in this world. Because all-powerful emo angst is awesome to sit through for two-plus hours! Gleek, naturally, is a murderous, barely contained chimp of existential rage and a warped vision of justice, and sporting a bad-ass textured purple/gold outfit and dual thigh holsters (bananas, of course).

You're welcome, WB. I just outlined your new script for you. Drop the check in the mail, please.
¡Damned!

2016-04-05, 11:20

You just know that The CW has already pitched a series and made a pilot. It's just a matter of time. They were on a Smallville episode.