Breath of the Wild

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Breath of the Wild
dglow

2017-03-05, 06:22

Anyone playing it?
ScottDull

2017-10-31, 03:02

I played it back when it was released. I think it's overrated. I'd never give something like that over 6/10 when you count out the nostalgia factor. It's mediocre at best.
Queri

2018-07-13, 07:28

Yes, nothing interesting really. I would even bet 4 out of 10
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2018-07-13, 08:20

I only recently got a Switch. Breath of the Wild is my first Legend of Zelda experience. I'm liking it, but I have no frame of reference. I'm not very far in to it, either.

Ugh.
Emily Simmons

2019-05-01, 15:05

I like this game!
murbot
Hoonigan

2019-05-01, 15:16

It's almost as fun as the game I've been playing lately, deleting and banning new accounts. Starting to get blisters here.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-01, 15:44

I suspect the evil bots are reloading, and you are about to get another workout!
Dr. Bobsky

2019-05-01, 17:38

Maybe the solution is easy, prevent new users from inserting hyperlinks of any sort until they cross some threshold -- say 100 posts over two years.
murbot
Hoonigan

2019-05-01, 20:16

Sounds reasonable.

My only tool is a hammer though, so unless someone smarter does that I will just have to keep smashing.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-02, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Maybe the solution is easy, prevent new users from inserting hyperlinks of any sort until they cross some threshold -- say 100 posts over two years.
I made the same suggestion a few months ago, but I believe it will require Brad. I know he's very busy, and I hold out hope that such a thing crosses his mind and he makes it happen. AN is not getting much attention from its long-lived and awesome membership, so maybe he doesn't see the need? However, AN is getting lots of attention from bots, and I would love to see that effort stifled.

At least make them work for it!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-05-02, 20:57

Actually I started playing BotW a few weeks ago and am loving it. It is very immersive and just all around fun. You end up finding bad guys with names you recognize and others you don't. I'm up to 20 heart containers and two stamina rings.

As for the bots, it would be nice if they weren't able to post links ever. Kinda like posting in the Bazaar.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-20, 22:11

Anyone still playing this game? I accidentally bought the code for the two expansion packs and can't redeem the second one. As in, I had already purchased it and can't get a refund on the second one. I forgot we had it already when I jumped on the great deal for Black Friday.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2021-12-21, 05:44

Toledo?
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2021-12-21, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Anyone still playing this game? I accidentally bought the code for the two expansion packs and can't redeem the second one. As in, I had already purchased it and can't get a refund on the second one. I forgot we had it already when I jumped on the great deal for Black Friday.
Is it embarrassing to say that I finally started this game?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-21, 09:21

Do you need the DLCs by chance? PM my if so.

I still love the game but I've never actually beat Calamity Ganon because I didn't want the game to end. Then I got the two expansion packs (and forgot about that) so my kids have enjoyed them. I just never got back to it. Maybe I will this winter break with my kids.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-21, 11:48

Murbot beat me to it. Darn it!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-12-21, 13:56

It's a good game. I sunk several hundreds of hours into it in the first year or so after its initial release. I haven't played it lately, but this thread bump kind of makes me want to dust off the old Switch and start all over again.

I'd say the DLC is definitely worth it if you enjoy the game. It doesn't make any major changes. It mostly just adds more of the same content, and that's generally a good thing. If you like DLC that introduces whole new mechanics or adds brand new stories, then it probably isn't for you. I think Master Mode is kind of dumb, on the other hand, because it just ratchets up the difficulty, absurdly so at the start of the game. That difficultly spike can force you to reevaluate your strategies and maybe go about the world more stealthily, but I already RP as a ninja anyway.

Amazingly, there are still people speed-running and modding the heck out of BotW. I saw someone even built a randomizer for it recently, though that requires emulation and a pretty beefy PC and GPU to run it, from what I understand.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-21, 14:01

Yeah, it is fun for an open world. I, of course, tried to venture far before my "story line" got me there so I was up against things I shouldn't have been yet and getting obliterated.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-23, 16:42

So, no one needs the code? I really do want to share it with someone I know as opposed to just posting it publicly as a free for all on the thread.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2022-01-01, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So, no one needs the code? I really do want to share it with someone I know as opposed to just posting it publicly as a free for all on the thread.
I'll take it T. Gives me incentive to not waste your hard earned cash.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-01-01, 22:29

Sold. Let me know if you have any issues with it. Not that I'll refund you or anything.