AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Nvidia gtx 1650 4 GB graphic card

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Nvidia gtx 1650 4 GB graphic card
Cynthia Zeigler
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2020-07-21, 01:32

I bought an Acer Nitro5 Laptop with nvidia gtx 1650 4 gb graphic card. I have been using it for 1year now. but from yesterday i cant see my dedicated gpu from the system information, i tried reinstalling drivers, updating windows, but still no luck, unfortunately i cant format and reinstall windows because all my office work is also stored in this laptop. Can give any ideas to make this work again? I really appreciated it.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2020-07-21, 09:29

Why not buy an external USB drive, back up your office work and documents to the USB drive, format and reinstall Windows, clean install drivers? That's what I'm doing to my computer after my GTX 970 is shitting the bed.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-07-21, 10:44

I would second that. A clean install is your best bet, and shouldn't take more than a few hours. You could do it in the evening after work (or which ever hours are off-hours?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Cynthia Zeigler
BANNED

2020-07-23, 00:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Why not buy an external USB drive, back up your office work and documents to the USB drive, format and reinstall Windows, clean install drivers? That's what I'm doing to my computer after my GTX 970 is shitting the bed.
I just ask because I'm lazy. There is a lot to get back up. Just looking for an easy solution. Anyway thanks for replying to me Capella.
Cynthia Zeigler
BANNED

2020-07-23, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I would second that. A clean install is your best bet, and shouldn't take more than a few hours. You could do it in the evening after work (or which ever hours are off-hours?
Thanks to you too. I'll try it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-07-23, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Zeigler View Post
I have been using it for 1year now. but from yesterday i cant see my dedicated gpu from the system information,
Hum. It doesn't show up in Device Manager at all? There's no warning triangle anywhere either?

Is it possible you have a BIOS where you disabled the dGPU at startup?

(edit)

This thread looks very similar: https://community.acer.com/en/discus...ognise-its-gpu — but alas, no solution. Maybe try some of the suggestions there, like turning off the notebook, then pressing the power button for 12 seconds.
Cynthia Zeigler
BANNED

2020-07-27, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Hum. It doesn't show up in Device Manager at all? There's no warning triangle anywhere either?

Is it possible you have a BIOS where you disabled the dGPU at startup?

(edit)

This thread looks very similar: https://community.acer.com/en/discus...ognise-its-gpu — but alas, no solution. Maybe try some of the suggestions there, like turning off the notebook, then pressing the power button for 12 seconds.
Yes, there's no warning triangle. Thanks I'll take a look at those suggestions.