Arguing And Stuff

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Arguing And Stuff
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-09-02, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
A friend is convinced that Bill Gates is personally involved in a planned "thinning of the herd". He was an EMT in a former life and is conservative, although attuned to woke issues. I suppose people need a higher power to believe in, whether it's a power for good or bad?

In fairness, Gates has said enough stupid things about overpopulation and depopulation to fuel these conspiracy theories. Pro-life groups are well aware of who they're up against at the UN and other world forums when they're trying to raise the level of care and another side is handing out hundreds of millions to simply promote abortions in the Developing World.

In 50 years, when the now-developed world is being accused of genocidal actions against the now-developing world, (as is currently happening with the Aboriginals here in Canada) the successors to Gates and Trudeau legacies will claim they were only trying to help.

As I've said, I'm fully vaccinated and I believe the vaccines work.
But Gates being so involved in this area has not been helpful to convince those who are skeptical.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-09-02, 17:02

Yeah, it's a real shame about women having control over their health and bodies. If only we could make sure the government stepped in and made sure all pregnant women carried to term regardless of whether they were raped by their daddy or not*. That's how the 'developing world' will really know we're serious: our rape babies.

*hell it's even better if we can get citizen goons to police women's vajayjays because you can never harass a woman enough after they've made the difficult and personal choice to terminate a pregnancy or suffer a miscarriage.

Last edited by Dr. Bobsky : 2021-09-02 at 17:57.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-09-02, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
In 50 years, when the now-developed world is being accused of genocidal actions against the now-developing world...
If the shoe fits, wear it. The problem with our democratic systems is that it is often easier, and more popular with the masses, to keep doing things the same old ways, rather than facing up to what we have done (collectively) and address the issues.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-09-02, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Yeah, it's a real shame about women having control over their health and bodies. If only we could make sure the government stepped in and made sure all pregnant women carried to term regardless of whether they were raped by their daddy or not*. That's how the 'developing world' will really know we're serious: our rape babies.
Of course, you're smart enough to know that way less than 2% of all abortions are done because of rape or incest, and this is even according to the not-at-all-anti-abortion Guttmacher Institute.

But you'll straw man and scare quote the "rape babies" charge for all its worth. Because there's nothing else to justify the mass-murdering of entire generations through abortion, which is just a continuation of progressive social control/eugenics fantasies going back to the 1800s.

When elite progressives tell stupid lies, like the world is overpopulated (it isn't, we're wasting our resources that could easily feed, house and clothe every person on Earth) or that climate change is going to render Earth almost unlivable in X number of years (that actually might happen, but you have to trust the ending of the Bible to back it up) people start to tune out and it damages trust in leadership and social institutions.

Which is exactly how a bunch of yahoos spouting conspiracy theories on the internet as a means of racking up hits and dollars, are derailing a vaccination drive that could end this pandemic early.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-09-03, 02:56

Quote:
Of course, you're smart enough to know that way less than 2% of all abortions are done because of rape or incest, and this is even according to the not-at-all-anti-abortion Guttmacher Institute.

But you'll straw man and scare quote the "rape babies" charge for all its worth. Because there's nothing else to justify the mass-murdering of entire generations through abortion, which is just a continuation of progressive social control/eugenics fantasies going back to the 1800s.

When elite progressives tell stupid lies, like the world is overpopulated (it isn't, we're wasting our resources that could easily feed, house and clothe every person on Earth) or that climate change is going to render Earth almost unlivable in X number of years (that actually might happen, but you have to trust the ending of the Bible to back it up) people start to tune out and it damages trust in leadership and social institutions.

Which is exactly how a bunch of yahoos spouting conspiracy theories on the internet as a means of racking up hits and dollars, are derailing a vaccination drive that could end this pandemic early.
You are perfectly immoral on this. Forcing any woman to carry a child against her will is unethical, and sickening -- and your blaise attitude on this is telling of a profound lack of care or concern about the woman. And rape babies do occur -- unlike any evidence for a soul, god, etc. So in actual reality, you are a monster. There is no equivocation on this.

There are no loss of generations, and the last I checked the human population is very much expanding. And people don't get abortions for population control, you conniving bullshitter. Not that anyone actually proffered these as arguments, speaking of strawmen.

What I don't understand is why we tolerate these god botherers influencing any of our politics or society. They are remnant of an age where cruelty was the norm, and science didn't exist. We can keep them around for entertainment purposes, but their outsized imbecilic influence on society will continue to cause more harm than good -- take Frank's insistence that humans cannot cause the world to become uninhabitable: island nations are already disappearing, regions of southern India can no longer sustainably produce food, so he can fuck right the way off the edge of his flat earth.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-03, 08:43

What do rape babies have to do with covid?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-09-03, 08:48

I’m sure all of this got dragged into the COVID thread because abortion is becoming a national issue in the US, following the Texas ruling this week. It’s a wonder the daily news thread didn’t get nuked with this. It doesn’t have anything to do with this thread at all.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-03, 08:50

Ok, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Can we keep this monster thread on topic please? Take the other crap elsewhere.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-09-03, 11:52

Arguing And Stuff is a thread for arguing and stuff.

If you guys want to debate abortion, knock yourselves out. I'll leave it to Brad whether or not the thread remains open. But, I will repeat what he said the last time this stuff got going: You guys are not going to convince each other, so arguing is pointless.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-09-03 at 13:01.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-09-03, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Arguing And Stuff is a thread for arguing and stuff.
I wasn't planning on taking that conversation much further, especially in the Covid thread.

But now I am curious as to how a thread devoted entirely to arguing will work out.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-03, 12:09

Everyone is a big fat jerk. We should berate and shred everyone who has a different opinion than we do because that always makes it better.

I'm a Ford guy so all you to hate Ford can...

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-09-03, 12:12

Found On Road Dead!

Damn Ford people.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-09-03, 12:12

Have we moved on from abortion to cars now?

'Cause I have plenty to say about them newfangled electric contraptions.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-09-03, 12:13

Dead-end arguments need derailing.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-09-03, 12:24

Look, don't even get me started on the boondoggle that is High Speed Rail.

We invented flying trains people! They don't use up valuable land, kill scores of animals or require expensive tracks and pavements.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-09-03, 13:09

Quote:
But now I am curious as to how a thread devoted entirely to arguing will work out.
I can't believe how wrong you are! I mean, don't you have a clue?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-09-03, 14:34

Quote:
Have we moved on from abortion to cars now?

'Cause I have plenty to say about them newfangled electric contraptions.
Brought to you by one of those newfangled electronic contraptions.