Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Castle Whammerstein Real Estate

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Castle Whammerstein Real Estate
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-04-04, 00:16

Some of you are aware that I have been constructing a castle in the SE corner of the Cashout Cove mega-chunk area. For those of you not aware of this project, well, now you are.

My original intention was to build a project for my own amusement. However, as it has progressed, I thought it might be fun to create an Old English themed town just outside the castle gates. Thus, I have leveled and prepared the area for just such an exercise. However, I thought it would be even more fun to invite all players to stake out a "claim" in the town to build a completely senseless old-English themed shop or home.

There are many lots available and only a few, simple rules.

1) All construction should be old-English themed. Think of the villages for a little inspiration
2) No portals permitted
3) Street torches should remain untouched unless they impede a sidewalk entrance
4) Your creation should be for decoration. No need for permanent residences
5) Use lots of flowers
6) Mark your building with a community-approved sign (see Jess's pet shop sign for an example)
7) The West side of the main street is off limits. The soldiers need a clean view in case of invasion!
8) Have fun

If you want a claim, just drop a sign in a lot and it's yours*. There is even space down along the river, but please close the gates as there are still loads of dark areas that have not been lit. Also, there is an enclosed "harbor" along the river up for grabs.

Jess has already created Grendagle7's pet store, and I love it! It's good to be a proud dad.

Of note, Ironstein's Iron Farm at the SE end of the town is not public (yet). It produces far less iron than I thought, and I do *NOT* want the price of iron going down. It will make about a stack/hour, which is slower than mining, albeit without the need for smelting. The advantage is that it makes iron while I'm working out there, eliminating the need for me to spend countless hours underground. For now, it's mine, at least until it becomes more productive. I have it in my head to make it a community resource for small-scale iron needs, but I will wait until further investigation reveals it is either more productive, or I have less need of iron. That, or until Bruce works his crazy red-stone magic and turns it into a "never have to mine again" farm.

Of note: Some time in the very near future, there will be "lots" inside the castle gates. These will be of the same, old-English style. I'll post when that is ready to go.

*Grey is not permitted to build until he finishes the #$%^% park!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-04-04, 13:33

Wasn't there a village near you? I could have sworn there was one by you but I can't find it.

I like the idea of building a tavern at your Olde Village! Without looking all over, I'm thinking it can be near the pet store somewhere. I'll get a good location later.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-04-04, 15:40

Yes, there was a village over there. However, it got "repurposed" for two reasons:

1) The villagers were all dead. They were dead long before I got there.

2) I chose that village location for my iron farm because the village was already dead. I mowed down the village buildings and rebuilt it in the air. Apparently, 2 villages cannot exist within something like a hundred blocks or more, so the farm would not have worked had another village existed in close proximity. Seemed like a good place for my project.

Also, I like beer, so a tavern suits me just fine. Make sure the bar wenches are hawt!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2014-04-05, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
*Grey is not permitted to build until he finishes the #$%^% park!

One more attraction completed yesterday - expect another tonight. Imma roll through my checklist in the next week. (hopefully! )
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-04-05, 19:59

I'm looking forward to your addition to Olderstein Village. Build whenever you like. Personally, I like sidetracking you. You have an awesome imagination and clearly awesome MC building skills.

I am much like you. Sometimes, I need a little sidetracking to clear my thoughts so I can tackle bigger jobs.

¡Damned!

2014-04-05, 20:14

Thanks.

Also, you may want to check your village.

As if I'd ever listen to anyone that said I couldn't do something.