AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

i request......an artist

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
i request......an artist
TheLump
One nut, no Bazaar

Send a message via AIM to TheLump Send a message via Yahoo to TheLump  
2009-02-27, 04:16

but not just any artist, an artistic artist!

seriously, anyone good at drawing things up? i've got some ideas to turn my tattoo into a half sleeve, and do something similar on my other arm, but i royally suck at drawing.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-02-27, 04:48

I'm an illustrator, but I have a hunch you wouldn't like my rates.
artesc

2009-02-27, 17:07

I know a two really good people who are about to graduate from art school (one in illustration, the other in painting.) I personally think the painting major is better.

Obviously, I don't think they would do it for free.

artesc all the way!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2009-02-27, 17:12

Isn't tattooing a specific skillset anyway? ie: Knowing what will and won't work as a tattoo? Maybe the guys at the tattoo place can help you out?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-02-27, 17:25

Exactly. If that show on TLC ("Miami Ink"?) is anything to go by, you'll probably get all the art help/guidance you'll need from a talented, qualified tattooist (they have to be good drawers, first and foremost, so go straight to the source).

Plus, as Bryson points out, they'd be viewing everything through the "how it's gonna work with needles and ink" prism, in terms of sizing, details, coloring, placement, what can - and can't - be done, suggestions for improvement that translate into a better tattoo, etc.

Let me guess...you're gonna get some stickers on one arm, and then a "I have something to sell, but I can't access the bazaar!" on the other?

crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2009-02-27, 20:16

Well he's back now isn't he? And might I say, a bit of fun with a new member, an introductory hazing, whatever is fair enough but can we keep it within the bounds of common decency and what's reasonable and civilized.

Just a suggestion that's all. There's enough people running around the world behaving like shitheads as it is. I really don't think we need to add to the tally.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-02-27, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post
Well he's back now isn't he? And might I say, a bit of fun with a new member, an introductory hazing, whatever is fair enough but can we keep it within the bounds of common decency and what's reasonable and civilized.
I don't think we've gone beyond "the bounds of common decency" or whatever in this thread. And if we had done so in the other thread, then TheLump wouldn't be "back," now, would he?

I do have a hard time believing that someone would honestly expect artistically-inclined strangers to provide him with two high-quality illustrations, ready to be inked on his person, for free, so I'm going to assume that TheLump had some form of compensation in mind, even if he didn't mention it in his post (perhaps it's because he doesn't have access to the Bazaar ). Right?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2009-02-28, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman
I don't think we've gone beyond "the bounds of common decency" or whatever in this thread.
I don't believe that's what I said. But if the poor guy is going to get picked on every time he makes an appearance, it strikes me as both childish and rather poor form. Especially when he has tolerated most of it in very good humor.

In any case, the offending post has been removed so I suggest we just drop it. I have no objections to the other perfectly reasonable and sensible suggestions people are making about not expecting someone to do it for free and tattooing being a specialized art form with its own skill set etc. Those were not the remarks I was referring to.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-02-28, 01:39

I have a feeling that Lump as actually not been treated all that badly at all.

There's a lot worse that's gone on here.
murbot
Hoonigan

2009-02-28, 10:48

waaah.
Mancomb Seepgood

2009-03-05, 19:30

Maybe TheLump is Macgeek all grown up?

He was so close this time too!
¡Damned!

2009-03-05, 19:36

An escaped hemorrhoid that became sentient. I'm almost positive.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2009-03-06, 12:09

I am pretty good at drawing, what you looking for i could put something together for you
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-03-06, 12:48

Whatever you do, make sure it's not this:

That fiery piston on the fore-arm is particularly bad-ass. I'm sure he'll never regret that one.

...into the light of a dark black night.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2009-03-06, 12:54

Speaking of regrets...

<-- Link NSFW