User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Safari drops leading zero

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Safari drops leading zero
SledgeHammer

2005-05-20, 22:07

I have recently encountered a new problem in Safari. I live in Connecticut, so my zip code starts with 0, but every time I try to enter my sip code in a form, Safari drops the leading zero. It's infuriating. Every time I've needed to, I've managed to get the 0 to say eventually, but I don't know how. I've only actually had the need to enter my zip about 3 times since this started happening, I guess, but I've been so frustrated both times that I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing to try and get the 0 to stay. The point is, this is terrible. Not being able to enter a leading zero in a form will affect people throughout New England and New Jersey. It only just started happening, so I assume it's new to Safari 2.0. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any way to fix it?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-20, 22:31

Do you have autofill enabled? Maybe that's goofing up something.

Does this happen in all forms or a specific one? If the latter, post the address. Maybe there's something funky in the site's code.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.