User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!
Page 4 of 14 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2013-03-10, 14:30

Random question. I tried making the longfall boots from the portal gun mod today, it would let me craft them but not take them out of the table, didn't use any resources. Are these boots turned off or something?

"History will be kind to me because i intend to write it" -- Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. -- Winston Churchill
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-03-10, 16:58

Must be. That's what Forestry/Extra Bees items do, too. It could also be because we aren't updated on Portal Gun yet. The Longfall Boots are rather fantastic, though.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-03-13, 00:14

Should I take the upgraded mod pack?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-13, 01:49

Not yet. I'll post when it's safe to update.
¡Damned!

2013-03-13, 15:08

Maaan. I'm so fucking busy this week I doubt I'll get on until the weekend, if that. Does the new update include the shit in the MC 1.5 release?

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-13, 15:50

Also: surprise! The update appears to *remove* the Twilight Forest dimension. So, enjoy it while you can.

I'm not sure what this means for any resources we've gathered from it. *grumble*

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-03-13, 15:59

Wait, what? Are we sure that's intentional? I don't see any mention of it being removed on the forums and whereever...
¡Damned!

2013-03-13, 16:18

If so, does that mean lightning bugs will be gone in the Overworld? I quite like the one on Stevuh's hut and thought about grabbing a couple for myself. I don't have a reason to go there otherwise. It's fucking dark in there. And scary.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-13, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Wait, what? Are we sure that's intentional? I don't see any mention of it being removed on the forums and whereever...
Hmm. I'd swear I originally saw it here, but either I was mistaken or the post was edited.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...rewolf20.4829/

In any case, I'll be testing tonight/tomorrow night locally to see if the upgrade cleanly migrates the world. I don't look forward to downloading and expanding the 722 MB zipped world data from Lenny to my home computer to test...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2013-03-13, 17:43

What in the world? I'd hold off until there was a compatible 1.5 pack if it was me spending my free time on this stuff. 1.5 was supposed to drop today, but I haven't checked *shows how much the mods have changed me

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-13, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
What in the world? I'd hold off until there was a compatible 1.5 pack if it was me spending my free time on this stuff. 1.5 was supposed to drop today, but I haven't checked *shows how much the mods have changed me
I disagree; I think we should upgrade as soon as I can give it the stamp of approval (assuming I was indeed wrong about the Twilight Forest mod). This kind of update should largely just bring bug fixes, and updating the server means people don't have to keep clicking that "no" button when asked to update (and won't get stuck in a too-future version if they accidentally click "yes").

Also do you remember how long we waited hoping for Tekkit to update to 1.3? While I don't anticipate the 1.5 update to require months of waiting to get mods updated, I also don't expect it to drop overnight. We could be waiting for a while.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-15, 02:07

I finished the Infinite Cobble/Sand/Glass Room in town. It's next to the Enchanting Room. I'm still tinkering with the engines. They're overpowered with as many solar panels as I placed (blaming the Wiki for being misleading on the capability of Redpower 2's Solar Panels with Blulectric Engines). I'll likely remove some of the panels and see what a good balance is. For the time being, it's a delicate game of turning the engines on and off every short bit while waiting. The machines would be fine, but the pipes will explode if the engines are left running due to how quickly the engines build power. The Filters are set to take quarter stacks, but I need to get Timers in and set a pulse yet. It's a work in progress to perfect it, but the room is certainly functional for those craving sandstone/glass buildings.

Edit: Found my solution, but won't get to building it tonight.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-15, 21:32

FWIW, Direwolf20 5.2.0 isn't looking too promising so far. It's crashed on me 3 times in the last hour of testing, and that's on a new world without pulling in our existing one.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-16, 00:18

Dire already said 5.2.1 should drop quickly.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-16, 11:42

The Infinite Room needs timers and a few more battery boxes, but is otherwise complete. The engines can run indefinitely, but are pretty quick to reach full speed, so I'd still turn off when done. The Magma Crucible for infinite lava/obsidian uses a considerable amount of power, so unless one needs it, I'd leave it off. The Pulverizer and Powered Furnace will run at full speed effortlessly during the day if the Crucible is off.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-03-16, 15:34

Yes... magma crucible is a waste of energy especially with cobble as the material source. still not good with netherrack...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-16, 21:05

It is, but it's a renewable way to make it, which was the point. There is enough power to run it in that room once I add a couple of other things.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-03-17, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
It is, but it's a renewable way to make it, which was the point. There is enough power to run it in that room once I add a couple of other things.
I hope you don't mind, but I added guest quarters for now so I could hang out while the Lava regenerated.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-03-17, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
You would need to be generating ~35 MJ/t to run one magma crucible at full speed. I haven't visited the room, but are you really doing that?
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-17, 14:57

It won't run at full speed, but I should be able to generate enough to keep everything else running at full speed while it is on - I might just separate the power grids for the two sections of the room as it is for that very purpose. I'm not exactly expecting anyone to need quadrillions of buckets of lava or obsidian with this - if they do, a highly-powered mass fabricator should be the ultimate goal.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-19, 00:27

Hey I think I need to let you guys know that PortalGun2 is now available.

I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry

¡Damned!

2013-03-21, 17:55

So... I decided to explore the Twilight Forest mod a little bit today during some downtime when the machine was rendering, and, neat stuff!

I made a "magic map" and started filling in the map from L/R-ish (looks like all the "major" spots are laid out on a grid) and found around 4 wizard towers, a few labyrinths, a couple dark tower thingys and a shit-ton of mazes. Killed a Naga serpent and a Hydra too! Many deaths from the latter, but at least I was smart enough to bring a bed along with me. Also, trophy head. Now that shit is a good idea. I just need to build a smoking room with a mantle to mount my bad-ass kill over.

Interesting world. Dark as shit (I fell more than a few times into chasms), but pretty fun all-round. We should set up a wizard castle or dark tower raiding party some night. That could be loads of fun.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-21, 17:59

I'm in, if schedule allows. I will provide great entertainment, with all my running away.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-03-21, 19:06

Cool. I had a little wander in the Twilight Forest the other day too. Didn't realise there was a map you can make! Can we leave the map in the chest at the entrance for all to use, or is it restricted to the player who made it?

While exploring in the overworld, by the way, I found an Obsidian Totem. Anyone need one of those?
¡Damned!

2013-03-21, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Didn't realise there was a map you can make! Can we leave the map in the chest at the entrance for all to use, or is it restricted to the player who made it?
That was new to me too, and the first time I've ever made a map. But handy as hell! Here's what it looks like; plus I put in some notations of what symbols mean what:

Notice all the "goodie" spots are laid out grid-like. By my rough calculation they're between 200 and 300 blocks apart. Someone already killed the closest Naga and Hydra to Spawn, so I had to search around a bit West for a living Hydra. I think the lower left Naga was the one I fought and killed; one of the upper two are still alive and dangerous.

Other quick notes:
• I peeked inside the Dark Tower to the East and built an easy entry inside without going down into the scary woods. If we decide to rush one I propose that be it.
• I've also completed the Quest Grove in the lower left corner, but apparently if you kill the Ram he'll respawn.
• It's worth it to go out SEast for a sprint and check out the glacier. Really cool looking. (it's the purple bit on the map)
• While at the Quest Grove I grabbed a handful of Rainbow Tree saplings. I guess they change color according to what x,y they're planted? Dunno. If that's the case I may plant them around the tree farm instead of inside to get maximum colorage.

Unfortunately the map doesn't update outside of its boundaries, otherwise I'd have another dozen or so areas to point out to the West.

It's worth a shot now that this image is posted to leave the map in the TF Spawn chest. If it goes boink no big deal. I'll put it in there next time I get over to Spawn.

[edit]: Here's the recipe for the TF map. You can find ravens (for their feathers) hanging out by those tall obsidian towers with the block of Lapis on top.

[edit2]: These "boss" type creatures are a good challenge. Bring your best armor and your A-Game, because they will fuck you up. They're fast and tricky; most of all though - super fun. It's great to have these kind of challenges in MC. Reminds me of a video game.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-21 at 20:56.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-03-21, 21:07

Grey, in my tests, Rainbow Oak constantly changes color in the Overworld. I would LOVE to grab some saplings of that. In my explorations, I must have been so close to the Quest Grove numerous times and just not seen it. Shame! I found some other Hollow Hills further out east, but they aren't on your map.

¡Damned!

2013-03-21, 21:16

Where are you again in the Overworld? I might pop on later tonight and I'll drop some in a chest at your place. Or wait - are you still close to Stevuh near spawn? If so I'll drop the map off at the same time.

I was actually surprised at how small the Enchanted Forest biome was. Just large enough to surround the Grove, basically.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-03-21, 21:40

OK - map is in the Twilight Forest chest, and RS, I put some Rainbow saplings in one of the chests at your Spawn house.

Whoever tries the map in the chest: let us know if it works! Curious about that.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-03-22, 14:39

Hmm. I'm getting a crash screen right before it logs me into the server with a "Ticking screen" error description. MC crashed as I was entering a portal, so I think my entity may be stuck in limbo. Is there a file I can delete in my App Support folder that will "reset" me and pop me out at Spawn?

SP games run fine, so I think there's something weird with my crash point.

Code:
Description: Ticking screen java.lang.NullPointerException at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175) at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102) at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67) at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483) at di.a(SourceFile:59) at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458) at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240) at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1537) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680) A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Head -- Stacktrace: at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175) at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102) at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67) at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483) at di.a(SourceFile:59) at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458) at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240) at ayk.c(GuiConnecting.java:49) -- Affected screen -- Details: Screen name: auj -- Affected level -- Details: Level name: MpServer All players: 1 total; [ays['greychristian'/289573, l='MpServer', x=-1893.40, y=121.62, z=-1444.87]] Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 5 Level seed: 0 Level generator: ID 02 - largeBiomes, ver 0. Features enabled: false Level generator options: Level spawn location: World: (-88,64,224), Chunk: (at 8,4,0 in -6,14; contains blocks -96,0,224 to -81,255,239), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511) Level time: 59679975 game time, 22075418 day time Level dimension: 0 Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown? Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false) Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false Forced entities: 1 total; [ays['greychristian'/289573, l='MpServer', x=-1893.40, y=121.62, z=-1444.87]] Retry entities: 0 total; [] Stacktrace: at ayp.a(WorldClient.java:439) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(Minecraft.java:2401) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:787) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-22, 14:50

I'll take a look at it when I get home in a few hours. From what I've read, if a user gets corrupted, the only recourse is to delete it from the server. The next time you log in, you'll have lost your inventory and XP and spawn at the original spawn.