User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Wearables that aren't the Apple Watch

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Wearables that aren't the Apple Watch
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2015-03-27, 13:21

Who has got one, what do you have, and what do you think of it?

I've got an Up - the original one. It's good at what it does, but it's quite limited. I wanted the original model as I didn't want to kill my iPhone's battery by having Bluetooth on constantly, but it's definitely an inconvenience having to manually sync it. The app doesn't like that I do shift work. My sleeping patterns can be all over the place as one day I might be waking up at 3:45am (yeah, I know. ) and the next, not starting work until 2pm. I'd like if it had a setting that understood that you worked shifts and helped you manage 8 hours asleep rather than telling me to go to bed at 8pm when I don't need to wake until hours later.

For £39 it's not so bad though.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-03-27, 13:55

I got a Fitbit free from work, but wearing it hasn't really become part of my routine. I don't like having to remember to put it on, and I don't like the way it looks, and I especially don't like the rubbery way it feels.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2015-03-27, 14:52

Yeah, the Fitbit looks kinda like an electronic tag to me actually. The Up looks more like an actual bracelet, though it is still a bit rubbery. (Or as Jony would but it, fluoroelastimery)
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2015-03-27, 20:15

I have a Fitbit Flex and it is fun. I like tracking hikes and such. Haven't done as much as I wanted this year because of medical stuff, but I'm slowly recovering.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-03-27, 21:02

I've been wearing a Fitbit Ultra since Aug 22, 2012. With a few days off after I destroyed mine in a motorcycle wreck.

I actually love having it since it lets me know how much or little I've done for the day. As a guy who generally sits at a computer all day it is nice to know how much more I need to move myself to stay some level of healthy.

Mine is so old it only connects and syncs data through a special dock. This is also what charges it. I'm going to be getting an Apple Watch once it's released to handle my activity logging. Thing is I love having the data for how much sleep I get. I'm thinking about buying a new Fitbit once this one dies and use it for sleep monitoring only or when I don't want to change Watch damage. For the Ultra I have to wear a band on my wrist that the Ultra sits in.

I did get an app call Sync Solver to handle putting my Fitbit data in Health on my iPhone. This allows the My Heart Counts app access to the data it needs. At this point it looks like Fitbit has no plans to play with Apple's plan. Oh well.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.