Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-09-12, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Are you sure about that?

Well within reason of course. Not saying I want to carry a brick, but the colour is not something I care much about, since I always pick a black hard case anyway.
Quagmire
meh

2019-09-13, 07:12

Stuck with space gray. Verizon 11 Pro Max 256 GB is already selling out for shipping orders.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-13, 09:45

Apple will sell several million this weekend alone. My contract ends in March, so I will wait until then. And, even then, I'm not sure that I will upgrade. My X is already more than I need, but there is a voice in the back of my head telling me to jump on Apple's annual upgrade program. My daughter uses it and it's pretty reasonable, considering she always has a new phone. I love the look of that green 11 Pro, but I love the price of the 11, which is basically the phone I am currently carrying, but with a slightly different screen, a different 2nd camera, and a much cheaper price.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Quagmire
meh

2019-09-13, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Apple will sell several million this weekend alone. My contract ends in March, so I will wait until then. And, even then, I'm not sure that I will upgrade. My X is already more than I need, but there is a voice in the back of my head telling me to jump on Apple's annual upgrade program. My daughter uses it and it's pretty reasonable, considering she always has a new phone. I love the look of that green 11 Pro, but I love the price of the 11, which is basically the phone I am currently carrying, but with a slightly different screen, a different 2nd camera, and a much cheaper price.
I would wait for the 2020 phone in your case then sign up for iUP. But then they have you like they do with me. The phones "trade in" value is at its highest at 12 months then drops. Also once out of the program, want back in? Requires a new hard credit pull.

giggity
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-13, 10:41

Yeah, that might actually be a good idea. My X will still have very good resale value, even then.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-13, 10:50

I've been really thinking about this upgrade. I want it because I love new and shiny, but I think I'm going to skip again this year. My 7 sucks and had moderate to poor battery life, but I rarely am far from a lighting cable. I'm thinking I might go for an old XS instead. New for me but way cheaper. I just don't like paying the premiums anymore.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-13, 11:33

If you can find a new X, get that. Basically the same phone but with a 1-gen older processor. I'm telling you, the thing is stupid fast!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-13, 13:06

Let me know if you decide to sell yours.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-13, 13:46

Oh, I'm going to sell it, just not before it gets replaced.

$899 + $299 shipping and handling, + $699 finder's fee, and any applicable taxes.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-09-13, 21:10

I have a 256 GB iPhone X that Apple offered to give me $400 for it in a trade in.

If you want it it’s yours, as long as I get the $400. :-)

Wife and I both got the Midnight Green iPhone Pro. Both of us skipped last year so we were due.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-09-14, 09:18

I wish Apple would allow for Verizon Business clients to purchase through their site. I wasn't able to pre-order this year through Apple, therefore not allowing me to trade in my iPhone X through them. Not to mention, the Verizon site is a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-09-15, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I wish Apple would allow for Verizon Business clients to purchase through their site. I wasn't able to pre-order this year through Apple, therefore not allowing me to trade in my iPhone X through them. Not to mention, the Verizon site is a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes.
As I mentioned on teh twitter, I couldn't even order at all. Do you know if we can buy in store?
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-09-15, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
As I mentioned on teh twitter, I couldn't even order at all. Do you know if we can buy in store?
Not sure. It actually went live a couple minutes early on the Verizon Business site but it took 4 attempts before I was able to order. Took me about 20 minutes. I get the Space Gray 256GB 11 Pro delivering on Friday.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-17, 22:24

So what are you guys with Verizon doing with your old phones? I might be willing to buy them from you depending on the specifics.
Quagmire
meh

2019-09-18, 06:01

Turning it in through iUP.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-09-19, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So what are you guys with Verizon doing with your old phones? I might be willing to buy them from you depending on the specifics.
I haven't decided yet. We might repurpose it as our home phone (right now we have a 6s doing that) or I might sell it. I'll let you know.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-20, 09:57

Thanks.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-07-30, 14:28

I ended up getting a Pro for my wife and I when we moved because Verzion coverage sucks where I live but AT&T had great signals. We also got a great deal on two phones so we jumped.

What did Apple do with the quality of the glass on these phones? My wife and I both have deep gouges in the screen that we never got with other phones. I hate screen protectors on phones but we really should have had them on these phones.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.