AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Please Don't Trust Us, Inc®

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Please Don't Trust Us, Inc®
Page 6 of 6 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6]  Thread Tools
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2021-09-09, 13:35

The good news is that there will be lots of laugh-moments, since people falling off cliffs will have their FB glasses on all the way down.
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-09, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Basically. Via your phone an bluetooth I'm sure, but I didn't read the specs. Probably can live stream too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
The good news is that there will be lots of laugh-moments, since people falling off cliffs will have their FB glasses on all the way down.
Exactly what I was thinking.

"Bro, I'm on top of this dam and I'm going to walk on this railing...".

Please do.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2021-09-09, 14:59

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-20, 08:25

Epik hack exposed data on 15M email addresses.
Quote:
Data breach monitoring service HaveIBeenPwned has now begun sending out alerts to millions of email addresses exposed in the Epik hack. The service's founder, Troy Hunt, is one of the many impacted by the data breach but who "had absolutely nothing to do with Epik."
As right leaning as I am, I actually had nothing to do with Epik and yet my email was notified that it was included in the breach. Apparently there was a WHOIS scrape as part of this. So at some point I had my email in a WHOIS and Epik had it in their records. I'd love to know what address went with it in the WHOIS.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-21, 16:16

I'm seriously considering reverting to pigeons...augmented with smoke signals.

But I'm sure someone would find a way to mess that up too.

I wasn't paying attention at first and thought it was that game/lawsuit company, but I notice the spelling is different. Never heard of them.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-09-21, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'm seriously considering reverting to pigeons...augmented with smoke signals.

But I'm sure someone would find a way to mess that up too.

I wasn't paying attention at first and thought it was that game/lawsuit company, but I notice the spelling is different. Never heard of them.
They're the web host of last resort for the far-right. When Amazon et al refuse to host your content, you head to Epik.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-09-21, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
All these restaurants - fast food and sitdown alike - all have these programs and points and apps and stuff to sign up for (with all your info).

How about, instead, just shut up and give me a hamburger or burrito without all the fuss and production, and wanting to “know” me? I don’t participate/belong to any of those things, but I still get asked or shilled on it at places.

With the way so many of these outfits are dropping the ball, I’m not about to sign up for your Burger Baron Rewards Bonanza, with my name, address, phone number and email kept so carelessly and winding up who-knows-where.

I just want food. I don’t need to be a points-earning, app-tracked TacoTitan or whatever. I give you $5, you (without any marketing pitch or canned spiel) hand me some food. That’s as far as it needs to go, honestly.
Those showed up everywhere here in 2018/19, but they seem to have quietly disappeared at lots of smaller places. The chains etc still have them (and presumably their corporate motherships have the IT chops to actually run those programs) but the local places have given up AFAICT. One of the coffee places I go to gave up on the fancy system and just went back to a "buy 10 coffees get 1 free" old-fashioned punch card.
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2021-09-21, 19:42

You can’t go wrong with those. I used to have one of those from Blimpie’s subs…get eight stamps/punches, get a free 6” sub. No email, phone numbers, etc. involved. Just a little card I kept in my wallet.

The Colonel and Ronald don’t need to know anything about me.