User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Answer me these Apple Store questions...erm, two.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Answer me these Apple Store questions...erm, two.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-02, 01:10

I'm putting this in Apple Products, because I'm not sure where else to put it. Stores are kind of a "product," right?

Question Numero Uno: The iPhone isn't available from the online education store. Anyone have a guess why? No reason, I'm just curious.

Question Numero Dos: Has anyone had any experience with Apple Telesales? I have to order my Mac by phone in order to qualify for the "$300 off Adobe Academic products" promotion. They're basically like the online Apple Store, right? Do they charge for shipping? Can you buy the iPhone over the phone? (Imagine buying an iPhone on an iPhone. How meta!)

As much as I'd like to strut into my local Apple Store and announce (in my best rich-blooded British accent) "I'd like to buy an iMac, an iPod, an iPhone, a printer, the Adobe Creative Suite, and a year of .mac because I'm just that rich," I'm in actuality not that rich, and I'd like to save $300 on Adobe CS, if I can. (And before tensdanny has a heart attack, the iPod and printer are free, and the former will be sold to help pay for...well, everything.)

There was a third question I had, but I found the answer just before posting. Ever wondered how you're supposed to take advantage of both the free iPod and free printer deals when you have to send your Mac's original UPC with both rebates? Here's how.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2007-07-02, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
Question Numero Dos: Has anyone had any experience with Apple Telesales? I have to order my Mac by phone in order to qualify for the "$300 off Adobe Academic products" promotion. They're basically like the online Apple Store, right? Do they charge for shipping? Can you buy the iPhone over the phone? (Imagine buying an iPhone on an iPhone. How meta!)
I ordered Adobe CS over phone for the ed discount. It was really easy. The sales guy was kind and wasn't pushy at all. No, I didn't pay shipping, but there was, of course, sales tax.

Quote:
As much as I'd like to strut into my local Apple Store and announce (in my best rich-blooded British accent) "I'd like to buy an iMac, an iPod, an iPhone, a printer, the Adobe Creative Suite, and a year of .mac because I'm just that rich," I'm in actuality not that rich, and I'd like to save $300 on Adobe CS, if I can. (And before tensdanny has a heart attack, the iPod and printer are free, and the former will be sold to help pay for...well, everything.)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-02, 10:04

Quote:
Question Numero Uno: The iPhone isn't available from the online education store. Anyone have a guess why? No reason, I'm just curious.
It only available at full price. There is no discount on any store. They want the money.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-07-02, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
It only available at full price. There is no discount on any store. They want the money.
There's no discounts on iPods but you can still buy them at the education store...
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-07-02, 16:36

There used to be an education discount on iPods.. at least I thought so.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-07-02, 16:58

[tangent]Roboman is 6 days my junior. Bow before me bitch.[/tangent]
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-02, 17:32

Quote:
There's no discounts on iPods but you can still buy them at the education store...
I see what you mean this now. I guess they didn't want to reprogram the sites for EDU or other stores. Even the Gov Empl purchase site only has a link to the main store for iPhone purchases.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.