User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Restore Disk

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Restore Disk
mikestein124

2005-09-05, 22:47

ok, so I have a 17" powerbook g4 that i bought about a year ago running 10.3.9 and my brother who started college this year just bought an iBook that came with 10.4. I was wondering if i could use his "restore" disk and put 10.4 on my powerbook. Also if i do this is it going to erase everything i have on my computer?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-09-05, 22:52

Nope. Not gonna happen.

First of all, the disk checks to see if it's in the right kind of computer. If not, it refuses to install.

Secondly, because you do not have your own license to install said software, what you are doing constitutes piracy and such matters are not handled kindly on these forums.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

mikestein124

2005-09-05, 22:58

well i mean, i put it in my computer already and it was gonna let me install it, but i didnt try the rest of the way because i didnt want to erase my harddrive.

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-09-05, 23:21

What part of what Brad said did you not understand?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-09-05, 23:23

Perhaps I should be a little clearer.

From the Posting Guidelines:
Quote:
Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary. Furthermore, posts asking for technical support regarding pirated software, requesting or breaking serial numbers, or otherwise bypassing licensing schemes is also not allowed and will be treated in the same manner as posts that directly ask for pirated software.