Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

More comedy: The Osama Audition Tape!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
More comedy: The Osama Audition Tape!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-28, 00:31

This one goes out to all you folks who think the "war on terror" has been a little misguided. Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, and more!

Watch it here:
Osama bin Laden reviews audition tape

Warning to people who take politics way too seriously: I guess this video might have a slight anti-Bush bent to it.

Original source with other downloads and information about the guy who made it:
http://www.hummingbirdfilms.com/whothehell.html

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-28, 01:13

OMG... this guy is amazing! He had me convinced at first that there actually were all these celebrities in the film. The beard and headgear helps of course, but those are still some amazing impersonations.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-10-28, 01:22

Yeah, I thought his Robin Williams, Dreyfuss, and De Niro impersonations in particular were dead-on. I thought they were the real deal at first (before reading the site) and wondered why they would all star in such a politically-motivated short.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2004-10-28, 04:53

He even has the De Niro eye squint thing down when he smiles. This guy is really good.

He had me fooled at first until I read the site, even though I was wondering why they would all be doing this.

I think his De Niro and Robin Williams are the best, He looked just like De Niro, and sounded just like Williams.

WARNING: Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-28, 08:40

Edit: Oops, nevermind...I had the wrong impressionist in mind. I see it's a Bobby Roos, not the guy I was thinking it was. Ignore me.

NO...DON'T ignore me. It IS Roger Kabler. Who is Bobby Roos indeed?

Roger Kabler - I've seen him many times over the years - is AMAZING!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-10-28 at 08:50.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-10-28, 09:04

Holy crap. That's impressive.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-10-28, 09:42

He had deniro down amazingly. Williams he has the voice, but that's when I realized for sure that he was impersonating the people.

...very impressive.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-28, 09:50

I saw him on a stand-up show one time, years ago, doing the old "no, I said 'posse'!" cowboy joke (look it up), with a lot of these guys playing the characters in the joke (DeNiro, Williams, Pacino, etc.), switching back and forth, rapid-fire between the characters (Phil Hendrie x20, but with the physical/visual changes too, not just the voices!).

I was floored.

He was doing DeNiro as the lead cowboy part, talking to his horse (after his horse had messed up in bringing help...again, you can find the joke online I'm sure). Anyway, he's standing there, smacking the "horse" in the face, riffing on the bit from "Goodfellas", saying "What did I tell you? What did I tell you? *smack* What did I tell you?" (where DeNiro is berating the guy from showing up with the flashy pink Caddy after their airport heist).

It was dead-on and so hilarious because he had the DeNiro face and voice going, but with a silly-looking 10-gallon hat on, smacking this toy stick pony prop, with full-tilt "DeNiro menace" engaged.

The audience, I remember, was going nuts because it was so damn well done.

CatHat

2006-09-30, 01:53

Hey, is this video a copy of an old video that's been circulating the internet. This dude does kinda the same thing except with Goodfellas. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8HJFyMd3k
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-09-30, 02:05

His Robin Williams imp is great.