User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

"Walk the Line"...what an enjoyable movie!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Walk the Line"...what an enjoyable movie!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-11-18, 22:22

In the interest of full disclosure and all, I go into this as a lifelong fan and admirer of Johnny. Been following the progress of this movie for a good, long while...in a rare move, I braved the Friday night crowds and multiplex teen posse because I didn't want to wait until tomorrow...

Very well-acted. Funny in places, sweet in others. And sad in a couple of others. But ultimately a good story, and you'd be hard-pressed to not enjoy the entire two-plus hours.

I hope all those who've only recently "figured it out", regarding Johnny Cash, take the time to go see this. He was cool - and groundbreaking - DECADES before he ever sang that Trent Reznor song...maybe this movie helps get that out.

Pretty much covers his life from his childhood up to the late 60's, using his historic Folsom Prison concert as bookends. The song he sings when walking out to the Folsom Prison audience at the end was great, in the context of the scene and some previous dialogue (ain't gonna spoil it, but a genuinely funny, "yeah!" moment).

First time I've ever been impressed by Reese Witherspoon's acting...and I actually found her more attractive as a brunette than I ever have as a blonde, legally or otherwise.

Go see it. Enjoy some good music. You'll laugh in a few places, genuinely tear up in one or two also.

A solid 9.2 out of 10. Definitely a future DVD purchase...

I do indeed miss this man...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-11-19, 08:23

I'm not sure I ever actually heard any of his music (not my generation), but I do want to the see the movie. It looks fantastic.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-11-19, 11:58

I intend on seeing this movie. It looks fantastic. I am also an admirer of Johnny's, but regardless of my personal feelings toward the man, this still looks like a great movie. Not to mention that Reese Witherspoon looks absolutely delicious in all the previews I've seen. I'm with you Paul, she's great as a brunette.

I'll report back once I've seen it.

Come waste your time with me