Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

VOIP for Office

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
VOIP for Office
Frank777
Veteran Member

2020-12-01, 06:18

For some reason, I'm still paying for an office landline. I'm looking to switch to a VOIP solution to save money.

The ones I'm considering so far are Ooma Office and RingCentral. Does anyone have experience with these?

We still have a fax machine, as a few clients still like to send in order forms with their payment information.
(Which is still far safer than emailing such forms.) My understanding is that at least Ooma allows the use of a fax line.

Either of these particularly Mac-friendly? Any thoughts on call quality and service?
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2020-12-01, 06:59

I have been using 8x8 for the last couple years and have had zero issues. I have a fax machine, because like you, we still have some old school clients that send stuff over sometimes or occasionally need to send one out. Had no problem getting a line and a switch box for that. Pretty seamless transition.

Only issue we had were porting the numbers because Windstream was being huge assholes and wouldn't release our numbers so what we did were port them to Verizon cell phones because that was super easy, waited a couple days, then ported to 8x8.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-12-01, 09:51

I've had Vonage for years and it works fine for me. I've run fax through it fine, but I don't think it is designed for fax per se. I have a box on the wall that connects to the network for the internet side and a couple of RJ-11 out.

I will say that more than anything it depends on the number of lines you need. I'm actually working for a telephony company now but we specialize in Windows based solutions.

Yontsey, you are so right about Windstream. They are horrible to port out of. I deal with ports as part of my collateral responsibilities and that company just sucks. They think they are Hotel California. Your solution is the absolute best option since you were able to do so.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.