User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

so i finally made a decision

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
so i finally made a decision
counterculture

2004-09-27, 10:07

well! after weeks of thinking and rethinking, i finally got my ass to make a final decision, and that is:

20-inch imac g5
1gb ram
250gb hard drive
airport extreme
bluetooth with wireless mouse and keyboard
--because i do most of my stuff at home and will really benefit from a big screen as i'm a multi-tasker (who isn't?)

AND

12-inch powerbook combo
512gb ram
applecare
--because i travel quite often and expect my pb to go through some rough times. and i need a laptop now.

i chose these over a souped up, 2gb ram, 15-inch superdrive powerbook because i thought the 15-inch would have been too much of an investment for a single unit that would probably be outdated in six months or so. plus i'm a typical light user: no games or heavy graphics for me. the most i'll probably ever need to do at the same time (and i can't remember this happening so far) is itunes+photoshop+dreamweaver+word+mail+safari. and i don't need 2gb of ram for that.

oh and i also got me a new 40-gig ipod and airport express!

i better have made the right decision, because i'm thisclose to living below poverty line!
counterculture

2004-09-27, 10:14

oh and thanks to those who helped me decide here and here.
thequicksilver

Send a message via AIM to thequicksilver Send a message via MSN to thequicksilver Send a message via Skype™ to thequicksilver 
2004-09-27, 10:18

I officially hate you.

But seriously, nice choices. The question now is, which will you open first if they arrive together?

We'll need photos of course.
counterculture

2004-09-27, 10:24

the powebook's open! i got it this evening. the imac comes in (10-3=7) 7 days! next monday!

actually the question is how do i explain this to the significant other who thinks we should get a bigger bed, a smoothie maker, a new cordless phone, and the star wars dvd set. i obviously can't afford any of that now!!!