Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Money Management

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Money Management
naashraf

Send a message via ICQ to naashraf Send a message via Skype™ to naashraf 
2005-05-04, 23:16

Is there any software for managing money, like Microsoft Money for Mac platform, which has easy interface and no too much complex to use. Pls advise. I intend to use for personal accounts, cash etc.

Thanks.

Machine:PowerBook 12" Processor:1.5GHz PowerPC G4 Memory:1.25GB HD:100GB OS:Mac OS 10.4.8
Entertainment:iPod 4G Memory:20GB
Wraven

2005-05-05, 09:11

Quicken 2005. It comes with any new Mac.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-05-05, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraven
Quicken 2005. It comes with any new Mac.
I don't think it comes with the pro line.

That said, naasharf, we at AN love people who help themselves.
naashraf

2005-05-05, 09:39

Well, I think the only reason people ask here about softwares is that they like to knows what people suggest and their thoughts on a particular software. Otherwise as you pointed out Google, then there is MacUpdate, Version Tracker, Download.com. Did I miss any other?

Edit: Oh yeh, thanks for the Google link. Hope it helps

Machine:PowerBook 12" Processor:1.5GHz PowerPC G4 Memory:1.25GB HD:100GB OS:Mac OS 10.4.8
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-05-05, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by naashraf
Well, I think the only reason people ask here about softwares is that they like to knows what people suggest and their thoughts on a particular software. Otherwise as you pointed out Google, then there is MacUpdate, Version Tracker, Download.com. Did I miss any other?

Edit: Oh yeh, thanks for the Google link. Hope it helps
You'll get better, more informative, responses if you ask a specific question about what people think about various software than "does this software exist??" And there are threads about people's impressions of Quicken for Mac. Which, BTW, is the only viable one.
naashraf

2005-05-05, 09:47

Well, the reason I asked is that I recently switched from Windows so I don't know much about Mac softwares. I have always thought quicken is for more prefessional people and not for home users. That is why I asked what software is there that is = MS Money. Perhaps, you are right I could not put my question well

Wraven

2005-05-05, 09:53

I use Quicken 2005. I used to use Money when I had a PC (last year). Quicken did not take long to get used to. And I use it for personal use (i.e. fun account) just fine.

Cheers,
Wraven
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-05-05, 09:55

naashraf, I think you're confusing Quicken and Quickbooks. Quicken is the personal money management equivalent of MS Money. It's Windows version is far superior to the Mac version, though. Quickbooks, what comes with the profession line of Macs, is for business use. HTH.
naashraf

2005-05-05, 09:59

Thanks torifile for this difference. I really did not know about it.
jsk173

2005-05-06, 01:03

I use Quicken 2005 and it's not bad at all. I know some power users of it disagree, but it's been great for me over the years. (I don't need to do 3-for-1 stock splits in foreign currencies, etc.)
bigglesworth

2005-06-01, 16:23

I am a staunch Quicken for Mac hater. I purchased 2004, and it supported none of the four banks that I use for automatic downloads (Etrade, Sovereign, Fidelity, USBank). I find myself wondering if this feature really works on the Mac version. The windows version that I have used performs this function without a hitch. Furthermore, The qfx files that are downloaded may be opened by other financial software packages (eg iBank), but not by Quicken. W-T-F!! THe qfx is s'posed to be a quicken format. I do not know what is causing this problem, but I do know that Quicken charges the banks for the right to use their file format. What a nice way to treat those who actually paid for the software. Intuit has become the definition of a decent company turned rottten after becoming an oligopoly.