AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

iPhone battery replacement options

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone battery replacement options
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-14, 10:33

How do you find a local place that can give Apple quality iPhone battery replacements when there isn't a "nearby" Apple store? I'm spoiled by Va Beach where I had two local Apple stores. Where I am now there is one but it is more than 30 minutes away. I can go there to set an appointment but I'd rather not have to go there. I could also tell my wife she can't have her phone for a week and a half while I ship it to Apple. Yeah, not gonna happen.

So, I know I'm not the only one at a distance but how can we get our battery replaced for the same price and quality as the Apple Store?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-09-14, 14:52

Don’t you need to go get an OEM Apple battery from an Apple Store now to keep the newer phones from doing stuff like locking the cameras and constantly bombarding you with ‘not genuine part’ warning screens? Cannot recall when the started, might have been the X.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-14, 14:57

I wouldn't be shocked if that is the case. You know, for my protection and all.

I hate searching the web for a "topic" of service without having something more specific to look for. Searching for iPhone battery replacement brings up so much junk. I looked at the process and it doesn't make sense to to it myself. It is $69 through Apple directly and I know they are trained to do the job, or give me a new phone if they screw it up.

iFixit has just the battery for $69. But I end up doing the work when I'm not trained, just skilled. Not the same thing there.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-09-14, 18:54

Given how much of a pain it was to change the battery in my 6s when it bulged, I wouldn’t do it myself again.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-14, 19:35

That's the thing. I changed out the battery in an old SE (5 style) and the battery pull tabs broke before I was able to get the glue off. Ended up having to use a blow drier to heat up the battery enough that I could pry the battery off.

I'm not going to do that with Mrs T's 11 Pro. Funky shaped battery. Yeah, no chance.