User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Software available for download

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Software available for download
Boomerangmacuser

2005-03-22, 23:58

I'm a mac user who was lured away by cheaper PC prices about 4 years ago. I'm planning on buying a mac laptop to compliment home PC. I like the ability to test out web pages on both platforms (that's the excuse I'm giving my wife).

[Sorry. I have removed the inappropriate question about software]

As an aside, will it be easy to share drives and move files easily between mac and PC? My PC has a 150 gb storage drive I'd like to take advantage of.

Last edited by Boomerangmacuser : 2005-03-23 at 01:06.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-23, 00:03

Asking about pirated software is a big no-no around here.

To your second question: yes, it's a breeze. More specifics would make it easier to answer your question, but if it's external, just plug it in. If it's internal, you can set up a network between your mac and pc without any problems at all.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-03-23, 00:03

It's easy enough to share drives between a PC and a Mac, there are a variety of ways to do it if you're interested.

However, we don't condone software piracy on these message boards. Please take that line of questioning elsewhere.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-23, 00:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
It's easy enough to share drives between a PC and a Mac, there are a variety of ways to do it if you're interested.

However, we don't condone software piracy on these message boards. Please take that line of questioning elsewhere.
Slow poke.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-03-23, 00:11

Yeah, consider this a first and last warning.

From our Posting Guidelines:
Quote:
Posting requests or information about obtaining pirated or illegally-distributed software is prohibited. Any and all such posts may be removed without warning. If the offending member continues with such posts, he or she is subject to immediate suspension from the forums for any amount of time the administrators or moderators deem necessary.
Boomerangmacuser

2005-03-23, 01:04

My apologies about the software. For more detail about the drive sharing, I'm planning on either a powerbook or an Ibook on a wireless network (which I also need to buy). I would like to be able to open files stored on the 150 gb drive from either machine. I assume I can get a wireless router that will also allow the PC to be physically connected and it's printer shared. Am I right?