holy crap, the future is now...we are moving toward star trek and

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
holy crap, the future is now...we are moving toward star trek and
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2008-03-29, 09:36

holographs and all that crap

i want one of these for my home...printing...(printing?) 3D models at home...draw it on the computer and print it at home...really changes the thought of what "printing" is

http://www.idealab.com/frame.php?ref...opfactory.com/

g

plus it has a older milf for paul

mmm, i tried to link to the video...hit click here below blue box on right...then hit turning ideas into 3-D products...sorry

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-03-29, 09:49

Heck, you can make your own 3D printer for cheap, provided you have the parts and EE knowhow.

Solid freeform fabrication: DIY, on the cheap, and made of pure sugar

Quote:
In February we gave a sneak preview of our project to construct a home-built three dimensional fabricator. Our design goals were (1) a low cost design leveraging recycled components (2) large printable volume emphasized over high resolution, and (3) ability to use low-cost printing media including granulated sugar. We are extremely pleased to be able to report that it has been a success: Our three dimensional fabricator is now fully operational and we have used it to print several large, low-resolution, objects out of pure sugar.

[...]

Our fabricator is not designed for prototyping machine parts; it's designed for fun, for large-scale 3D illustration, for sculpting, architectural models, and other applications where resolution isn't the only important factor. We estimate the total cost to build a machine with similar capability to be in the neighborhood of $500. Realistically, the cost of any project like this is not a fixed number, and since recycled components are involved, the actual cost could range up or down by a factor of two depending on how resourceful the builder is.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-03-29, 09:52

And, really, with a tread title containing "Star Trek", is anyone surprised I was first to reply?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-29, 09:55

Nope.

And with "older milf" in the opening post, is anyone surprised that I was second?

Talk about a neat way to do mockups, this 3D printing/carving! I've seen tools like this on shows ("How It's Made", various motorcycle/hotrod-building shows, etc.). Had no idea it was available to any home schmo.

One of those "when I win the lottery" purchases...

BTW, Ms. Lewis looks like the result of Emmylou Harris raiding Gwen Stefani's closet.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-03-29, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
And with "older milf" in the opening post, is anyone surprised that I was second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
mmm, i tried to link to the video...hit click here below blue box on right...then hit turning ideas into 3-D products...sorry
Here's a direct link to that video page:
http://www.desktopfactory.com/news/cnn_money.html
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-03-29, 10:22

Yeah, some architects like Morphosis have been creating 3D study models for a few years now. I'm hoping my firm jumps in on this soon, though it doesn't look good right now. The laser cutter ain't cutting it for me.
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2008-03-29, 13:36

Screw your pseudo replicator, I want my teleporter!

http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/teleportation/
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-03-29, 13:44

When you saw that the stuff was made out of sugar, did anyone else think of the Doozer constructions on Fraggle Rock?

Just me then?

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-03-29, 19:03

Just wait for one that prints with silicone... you can design your own fleshlight inserts, like "inside of banana"
zsummers
Avast!

2008-03-29, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post
Just wait for one that prints with silicone... you can design your own fleshlight inserts, like "inside of banana"

Somehow, I was sure this thread would turn to sex in under 10 posts.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-03-29, 20:02

hello, and