Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 01:00

Just thought you might like to know.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-09-01, 01:20

Do you have a lot of bread, saltines, or lukewarm, plain white rice at hand? Maybe some ice cubes?
¡Damned!

2008-09-01, 01:25

Eat some ice cream (if you're asking how to stop it burning).

If you did it on purpose for the fun of it, now try spitting on your penis for added excitement.

So it goes.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-09-01, 01:39

Lick your fingers, then jack off.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 01:40

I did it on purpose. Boredom, masochism, I dunno. Consider this thread to be Wrao's equivalent of a drunk-while-posting thread.

The intense pain lasted for about 8 minutes. The first 4 minutes were treated solely with ice water, which is really useful for quelling immediate pain, but, in fact, is ineffective in the long run because it can actually distribute the capsaicin. After 4 minutes of doing my best to withstand it, the pain migrated to my throat and became incredibly unbearable. I started gobbing down yogurt and chewing on bread. Eventually took a shot of fish oil and nearly vomited, but held it down, and started to feel better.

The next 20 minutes were greeted with an intense high, I could not stop smiling and I felt great. I still feel pretty good, although my stomach is perhaps a bit perturbed by the hasty combination of yogurt, bread and oil. All in all an A+ experience, and I plan on doing it again sometime.
AWR
Veteran Member

2008-09-01, 02:19

Good luck with the next poop. Might want to bring a leather strap to bite on.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2008-09-01, 02:39

Milk! that is all I have to say
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 03:05

Okay, it's been over an hour now. Euphoria is gone, minor headache has surfaced and my stomach feels a little bit funny.
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2008-09-01, 03:10

Don't forget to make Drew happy tomorrow by posting in his thread.

This thread made my night.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 03:28

Stomach discomfort... increasing. I think I am in for an unpleasant evening.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-01, 05:36

Hahaha...such a goon! What a thing to do out of "boredom".

Good luck with it.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-09-01, 09:17

Milk and ice cream won't help with habaneros or those dried red peppers chinese places put in their food. The cold helps a little but the bit about dairy products quelling the burn as a sort of salve, is urban legend I think. Only works with weaker pepper acids. One time I ordered a Chinese dish that wasn't supposed to be spicy and somehow one of those little dried red peppers got in there and I bit into it. My mouth didn't stop hurting for about 5 minutes, no matter what I did. I hate hot peppers. Jalapenos on nachos is OK or just a medium spicey dish at a mexican place or whatever, but eating the superhot peppers or using the New Orleans style flame-thrower hot sauces on food is masochism IMO. You can't even taste the food when you have something that hot. Literally. The acid numbs / stuns your taste-buds if I'm not mistaken.

If I want a good buzz I'll drink a couple extra beers. Much more enjoyable....

...into the light of a dark black night.
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-09-01, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
You can't even taste the food when you have something that hot. Literally.
That's exactly my problem with super-hot food. I like some heat, but not so much that it doesn't matter what else is part of the dish.

I used to go to this barbeque joint that had hot wings. When you ordered you had to tell them how hot you wanted them, on a scale from 5 to 10. Now, 5 was pretty hot. That's why they started at 5, not 1. They wanted you to know that even at the lowest heat rating, there was not an insignificant amount of heat. In fact, 5 would almost be be too hot for me to enjoy, but that's what I would get. Very good wings. Anyway, my friends would always get the 10s. These were made with a dry rub (the 5 through 9s were your typical buffalo style). They would suffer through eating these things and go on and on about how unbelievably ridiculously hot they were and how their butts were gonna really hurt later and how their mouths were completely numb. I would always ask them why they needed the chicken wings beneath the dry rub. Why not ask for little cups of the rub and just lick that?

Ugh.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-01, 09:41

It's a dude thing (with a touch of fratboy or "Jackass" culture thrown in; you really only ever see a particular type of people doing this on Break and YouTube, after all).

The "ohmigod this is gonna hurt" stories are more fun, purposely overdoing it and making yourself (or egging your friends on) to eat stuff that hot and painful is part of it. "Enjoying the food" doesn't really factor in. Any sissy can do "mild"...where's the fun in that?

But yeah, they're wasting chicken if they're ordering the "10" because there's no way they're tasting it; it's merely a vehicle to deliver the hot. Just bring them a cup of the rub and a spoon and save a chicken!

I like a skootch of spice in certain foods, but I don't like pain or not being able to actually taste the dish I'm eating. And I'm certainly not looking to have myself recorded with my buddy's cell phone video and posted online, so I don't really do the "eat insanely hot stuff and see what happens" thing. But it's funny as hell to watch others do it, no doubt!
tomoe
Veteran Member

2008-09-01, 10:30

This may sound odd, but if you're eating a hot (spicy) dish, if you get your mouth to the point where it feels unbearable, then (if you're patient) stop eating and wait like 5 minutes for the sensation to stop. Now if you start eating the spicy food again your mouth shouldn't get as hot. IIRC, this partially desensitizes the tongue's capsaicin (more correctly, vanilloid) receptors whose activation causes the pain sensation.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 11:44

So I made it through the night. For a little while there, I had some stomach pain that was pretty significant, and by pretty significant, I mean, very significant. But, I'm all better now. Hurray for habaneros.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Milk and ice cream won't help with habaneros or those dried red peppers chinese places put in their food. The cold helps a little but the bit about dairy products quelling the burn as a sort of salve, is urban legend I think.

I dunno. It was not until I started eating some yogurt and took some fish oil that the pain subsided. But it might have just been a coincidence of timing.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-01, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
So I made it through the night. For a little while there, I had some stomach pain that was pretty significant, and by pretty significant, I mean, very significant. But, I'm all better now. Hurray for habaneros.
Did it get ugly? I can't imagine. Cramps and weird goings-on and the whole bit?
¡Damned!

2008-09-01, 12:07

The story isn't finished yet.... I hope your sphincter likes ice cream!
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-09-01, 12:07

I would have nailed back some pepto bismol, personally.

I love spicy Indian and Thai food - they do it just right . Speaking of, I'm making a curry tonight!
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
The story isn't finished yet.... I hope your sphincter likes ice cream!
Actually. The story just finished 5 minutes ago. Honestly, my ass feels fine, a little tingly I guess, but it's no uncomfortable to sit or anything. Now, the size of the poo was considerably larger than I expected. But, compared to the pain of eating the habanero and the stomach discomfort that later followed, the poo was not at all unbearable.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Did it get ugly? I can't imagine. Cramps and weird goings-on and the whole bit?
Oh yeah, totally. It kind of caught me by surprise, the pain was so incredible that I basically just sat, on the concrete outside over a bush waiting to throw up breathing very heavily(and carefully) for about 30 minutes. It was pretty amazing really. I wonder if I can confidently say I know what it is like to give birth now.
¡Damned!

2008-09-01, 12:15

Quote:
Now, the size of the poo was considerably larger than I expected.
It probably cleaned your intestine walls. Seriously.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 12:15

Final tally would put the physical pains > than the endorphin pleasures. However, the mental satisfaction of knowing that I had this idea and executed it all within about 5 minutes, as well as the sense of 'rite of passage' from withstanding an incredible amount of pain makes the whole experience ultimately positive.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-01, 12:16

No doubt. You're probably about 11 pounds lighter. Stuff in there from the third grade...

Quote:
Final tally would put the physical pains > than the endorphin pleasures. However, the mental satisfaction of knowing that I had this idea and executed it all within about 5 minutes, as well as the sense of 'rite of passage' from withstanding an incredible amount of pain makes the whole experience ultimately positive.
Well you've got bigger ones than I do because I want nothing to do with such a thing.

I got hold of a bad Caesar salad (the eggs?) about 2-3 years ago and I thought "this is it...this is what it feels like to die...". I cramped, threw up, cried, sprinted to the bathroom multiple times from about 11:00pm to 4:30am that night. I never knew I could feel so thrashed! I wasn't back to normal for a solid two days.

I hate when my tummy/guts take on a life of their own and I no longer feel like I'm in control of my own body.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 12:18

I have read that habaneros actually do possess some incredible health benefits when eaten raw and whole... it's just... can't really eat them, and even if you could, I doubt one pepper would make a significant difference in anything. Still though, I like the idea of a good inside out intestinal cleaning. hahaha.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2008-09-01, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
It's a dude thing (with a touch of fratboy or "Jackass" culture thrown in; you really only ever see a particular type of people doing this on Break and YouTube, after all).

The "ohmigod this is gonna hurt" stories are more fun, purposely overdoing it and making yourself (or egging your friends on) to eat stuff that hot and painful is part of it. "Enjoying the food" doesn't really factor in. Any sissy can do "mild"...where's the fun in that?

But yeah, they're wasting chicken if they're ordering the "10" because there's no way they're tasting it; it's merely a vehicle to deliver the hot. Just bring them a cup of the rub and a spoon and save a chicken!

I like a skootch of spice in certain foods, but I don't like pain or not being able to actually taste the dish I'm eating. And I'm certainly not looking to have myself recorded with my buddy's cell phone video and posted online, so I don't really do the "eat insanely hot stuff and see what happens" thing. But it's funny as hell to watch others do it, no doubt!
At the buffalo wing restaurant I used to be a cook at, we had five heats, mild to "atomic," but we also had an off-menu "super atomic" which we'd get an order of every week or so.

We'd cover the wings in our atomic sauce and then put one or two drops of pure capsaicin on, cover the bowl and microwave it for 10 seconds.

The best part was the teens who'd try to impress their girlfriends by order super atomic and saying they wanted it as hot as could be.

That's when the fun starts.

A tablespoon or so of capsaicin, 30 seconds in the microwave. I made kids cry.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-09-01, 12:24

In the past I have trained myself pretty decently to handle hot sauces, including some that are about on par or even hotter than a habanero. But, with hot sauces, it rarely ever coats your whole mouth and it rarely ever coats your throat. The habanero ended up being a lot more intense because the pain was literally everywhere, including places I had never really encountered supreme hotness.

If I could find a way to curb the stomach discomfort that onset 2 hours later, then I would be more keen to trying this again and again until I mastered it. Maybe just some TUMS.

I've also eaten habanero raw before when its been diced and put on a burger, but again, the quantity makes that infinitely more tolerable.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-01, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
At the buffalo wing restaurant I used to be a cook at, we had five heats, mild to "atomic," but we also had an off-menu "super atomic" which we'd get an order of every week or so.

We'd cover the wings in our atomic sauce and then put one or two drops of pure capsaicin on, cover the bowl and microwave it for 10 seconds.

The best part was the teens who'd try to impress their girlfriends by order super atomic and saying they wanted it as hot as could be.

That's when the fun starts.

A tablespoon or so of capsaicin, 30 seconds in the microwave. I made kids cry.

Yeah, nothing like "impressing your girlfriend" by constantly sprinting for the john and pooping a radioactive blow torch for the next 3-4 hours, fouling up her house, the multiplex, the pub, etc.

"Let's go back to your place and...".

"Yeah, as if, you nasty motherfu...".

ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2008-09-01, 12:58

As a rule, I don't eat anything that they say "you should wear gloves when handling".