User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhone - podcast info?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone - podcast info?
almost2mac

2007-12-02, 19:14

Is there any way on an iPhone to see the informational text that is part of a podcast? I have a several that don't title the episodes and it would be nice to be able to read the notes.

I used to be able to do this on my nano by advancing past the album art and it was a nice feature, but I can't find any way to see this on the iPhone.

Where I always expect it is the flipped view - where you normally flip an album in coverflow to see the tracks, that's where podcast text *should* be.
almost2mac

2007-12-03, 13:29

Wow... I guess that confirms the answer is "no". I've noticed with Apple if there's a useful function it usually pops right out at you.

I searched the Apple support forums and similarly several people had asked about show notes for podcasts and similarly the posts never got responded to. Perhaps it's a conspiracy? "First rule of show notes, we don't talk about show notes..."

Anyway. I guess it's a minor thing. I'm curious if there's any sort of place to submit suggestions like this where Steve can ignore them. Probably just the Apple forums, huh?
Reid

2007-12-04, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost2mac View Post
I'm curious if there's any sort of place to submit suggestions like this where Steve can ignore them. Probably just the Apple forums, huh?
http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
almost2mac

2007-12-05, 22:07

Thank you! Here's what I wrote:

I am a podcast freak.

My two wishes for the iPhone:

To have a place where the podcast informational "show notes" text would be displayed. Optimally in coverflow each podcast would show this text if you flip the "album" art and be scrollable. Alternately, perhaps syncing a podcast would create an actual new Note with the text - this would be a nice archive to find information from old shows.

A way to see an entire show title; some podcasts have very elaborate numbering and title systems, and many times it is cut off in the display. Either have it scroll after a pause like on many mp3 players, or pop the entire title when you touch and hold a moment.
Reid

2007-12-05, 22:12

Personally, I'd also like to see direct podcast downloads from the iTunes Wi-Fi store. Don't have a clue why that isn't offered already.
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2007-12-05, 22:14

And TV shows for that matter.
Reid

2007-12-05, 22:20

Yeah, actually. It's got this slick feature of offering to delete a video when you have finished watching it to "free up space." But why would you need to free up space prior to syncing unless you were able to download something of a similar size? It would be great to be able to pull down the latest podcasts or TV shows off of iTunes while I'm away from my home computer for days at a time on a vacation or business trip. The iPhone is the one thing I'm never without!
almost2mac

2007-12-07, 22:14

You can still delete videos, and my iPhone used to do that, but I think they turned it off in an update. Videos no longer ask to self-delete, at least for me.