User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

How hard is it to "retrofit" CoreData into an app?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
How hard is it to "retrofit" CoreData into an app?
Dave
Ninja Editor

2014-01-04, 13:51

I'm writing an iOS app (that will eventually have an OS X version as well), and I'm trying to decide on UIDocument vs UIManagedDocument. I've read that using CoreData lets you do things like automagically update an open document on one device when it's changed on another device, and I'd love to have that functionality, but CoreData just makes my head spin in many directions. So my current plan is get it all working using regular [UI|NS]Document, and then when everything else has stabilized switch over to [UI|NS]ManagedDocument. Does that sound like a good idea to those of you who have experience in this area, or am I just asking for trouble later on?

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.