User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iPhoto will never open a picture

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhoto will never open a picture
zman2005

2005-06-17, 00:40

Every time I click on one of the thumbnails of a picture it always goes to the screen like its loading it but it never can or will. It does that will every picture not just a certain group. Help?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2005-06-17, 00:56

Try updating the firmware. Wipe the thing clean, then re-sync. If that doesn't work, sucks to be you!
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-06-17, 03:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2005
Every time I click on one of the thumbnails of a picture it always goes to the screen like its loading it but it never can or will. It does that will every picture not just a certain group. Help?
Hmm. From your thread title, you're saying that this has 'never' worked for you. I think you may be missing a concept here about how iPhoto works. I'm not sure what you mean about the image 'loading'. Are you importing images? Are you trying to edit the photo or just see it at a larger size?

If it's the later, try this:

Highlight a thumbnail of a photo in iPhoto and then move the slider (in the lower right-hand side of the window) all the way to the right. Does this solve your problem?

I may be way off, but I think you need to clarify a bit.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2005-06-17, 03:45

zman, you didn't try to rename any of the picture files in your library did you?

Or move your library?
zman2005

2005-06-17, 09:23

Um Ya i did rename some pictures but it always still worked. IT wasn't until recently that this started to happen. And for some people that didn't understand my simple question I am trying to open a picture, not import, or anything else. I em just trying to open the picture up. You know double click on the little thumbnails
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-06-18, 01:22

Well, when you double click on a thumbnail *in* iPhoto, it either opens edit mode, an edit window, or opens the photo in another editing program (like Photoshop). You don't double click a thumbnail just to view it, because you're already viewing it at whatever scale you have the slider set to. Maybe you've got iPhoto set to open an editing program that isn't there?

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs