User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

local copy of iDisk cant see that i am online...HELP...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
local copy of iDisk cant see that i am online...HELP...
alexhill_j

2004-08-21, 18:41

My local copy of my iDisk refuses to see that my computer is online. If i click the desktop icon or the idisk icon in the side bar it comes up but the backup, library and software folders are text edit icons instead of normal folder ones. when i double click any of them a text edit window comes up saying that i cannot access this directory and that to do so i need to take my computer online. but it is online via ADSL.
I have tried removing my local copy of the idisk and putting it back and deleting the keychain for it and relaunching the finder and restarting......a user on the mac format forum also has this prob. Any help much much much appriciated...................PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my idisk and want it to work again..........HELP........
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
P.S. I am running a Al-PowerBook 1.5GHz 17" G4 with 10.3.5
KillleriMac17

2004-08-25, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhill_j
My local copy of my iDisk refuses to see that my computer is online. If i click the desktop icon or the idisk icon in the side bar it comes up but the backup, library and software folders are text edit icons instead of normal folder ones. when i double click any of them a text edit window comes up saying that i cannot access this directory and that to do so i need to take my computer online. but it is online via ADSL.
I have tried removing my local copy of the idisk and putting it back and deleting the keychain for it and relaunching the finder and restarting......a user on the mac format forum also has this prob. Any help much much much appriciated...................PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love my idisk and want it to work again..........HELP........
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
P.S. I am running a Al-PowerBook 1.5GHz 17" G4 with 10.3.5
try turning off your idisk local sync, this should then make a .dmg backup copy of it, delete that, then turn the sync back on(also if you havent rebooted, try that, i have had that happen and reboot(not logoff) has fixed it.
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2004-08-25, 11:42

As a workaround, you might also try using a normal WebDAV client, like Goliath (I'm pretty sure the server is idisk.mac.com, although I could be mistaken), or if you're feeling in a CLI kind of mood, cadaver.

Turning off auto-sync, manually syncing, and then turning it back usually works for me.