User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 6 of 77 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  Next Last Thread Tools
Foj
Veteran Member

2009-02-10, 05:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_bug View Post
Should be getting Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in the mail soon...looking forward to that one.
I liked Uncharted. Just have to finish it in crushing difficulty to get the platinum trophy.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2009-02-10, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swox View Post
Being awesome at video games is all about attitude. You just have to go in balls to the walls, gun blazing, like you mean it!

Leeeerooooy Jennnnnkins!
tomoe
Veteran Member

2009-02-10, 08:36

I've been playing Saints Row 2, which is really fucking fun despite it's occasional gameplay/graphical jankiness. Really though, I'm just biding time until KZ2, RE5, and GoW3 are released.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2009-02-10, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
Anybody else here play Mario Kart Wii? I'm completely addicted.
I was horribly addicted to it when it first came out. I finally stopped playing once my online rating broke 8000.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2009-02-10, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
Picked up COD4 rental for my 360 at Blockbuster today when I dropped off COD5. Been playing it for hours, pretty much since I got home. It's on my list of games I want to buy at some point, probably once it drops under $60.
COD4? It should be less than $60 at many places by now. It's totally worth that price (Hell, I've bought it 3 times!)
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2009-02-10, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
I was horribly addicted to it when it first came out. I finally stopped playing once my online rating broke 8000.
8000, wow. I'm just under 7000 right now, but it gets harder and harder to climb higher. Have you unlocked everything in the offline part of the game (all the characters, vehicles, tracks)?

I need two more 150cc gold cup trophies to unlock the mirror tracks. These last two 150cc cups seem nearly impossible. I'll get really good first places on three tracks and then practically last place on the remaining, for an overall silver or bronze trophy. It feels like it (the evil machine!) really, really doesn't want me to win. It bombards me with crap until I relent. It doesn't help that losing like that infuriates me and makes me not want to play the 150cc's at all. When I play, I want it to be fun.

Ugh.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-10, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
COD4? It should be less than $60 at many places by now. It's totally worth that price (Hell, I've bought it 3 times!)
I lost a year of my gaming life to COD4 online gaming. The perk system and great gametypes (Headquarters on Shipment for grenade XP win) kept me coming back for a very long time.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2009-02-10, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
I lost a year of my gaming life to COD4 online gaming. The perk system and great gametypes (Headquarters on Shipment for grenade XP win) kept me coming back for a very long time.
Oh hell yeah. Headquarters in the Shipment map is almost too fun.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2009-02-17, 13:41

I picked up House of the Dead Overkill this weekend for the Wii. I usually don't like light gun games because I suck at them but this one is pretty damn fun. The graphics are pretty good for the Wii though there's a bit of slowdown when there's a shitload of mutants on the screen. I finished it in just over four hours but there's a tonne of replay value in getting high scores and upgrading weapons. Definitely worth at least a rental if you have a Wii.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-02-17, 14:16

I got The Orange Box for 360 off ebay today in the mail. I love first person shooters and I hear this is a great one. Plus I got it for $10.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Unch

2009-02-17, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
I picked up House of the Dead Overkill this weekend for the Wii. I usually don't like light gun games because I suck at them but this one is pretty damn fun. The graphics are pretty good for the Wii though there's a bit of slowdown when there's a shitload of mutants on the screen. I finished it in just over four hours but there's a tonne of replay value in getting high scores and upgrading weapons. Definitely worth at least a rental if you have a Wii.
I nearly picked that up at the weekend, I love House of The Dead but the missus was with me and the packaging didn't sell her on the idea.

I did pick up season one of Sam and Max dirt cheap though. Has anyone else played this? I've played it for about half an hour, and too be honest it lacks the charm of the original games. Does anyone know if the later episodes are much better?

I was a big fan of LucasArts' SCUMM games back on the Amiga/DOS days and I'm not sure that the transition to 3d is really a good one. The old games were full of so much detail, which seems to be lost in bulky polygons and blurry textures.

"It's like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you."
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2009-02-17, 20:46

KotOR 2 is not as interesting storyline wise, but I love Influence and the new combat mechanics. But I'm going to play through it anyway because I'm hugely excited for the TOR MMO!

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-17, 21:39

Just beat Mirror's Edge and picked up Mass Effect for $20.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-02-17, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I got The Orange Box for 360 off ebay today in the mail. I love first person shooters and I hear this is a great one. Plus I got it for $10.
Portal alone is worth $10. Hell, that's what I paid for the XBLA version.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2009-02-17, 22:36

My next game purchase will be the Orange Box. I'm on a game buying hiatus to clear up my backlog (still working on Fable 2 and Fallout 3, not to mention L4D and Gears 2). I've beaten Portal before but it was such great fun, I'd go for it again for a few bucks.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-02-17, 22:45

Orange Box.. Best value evah!

Although I am still stuck in a dark basement with some of those pumpkin heads from the second HalfLife episode.. Can't.... seem.... to... be... able... to... kill... them..... all... and... get... to... the.... lift.... in.... time.... Goddamit! Fsckers!

No cake for me on that one yet!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-02-17, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
You do realize the cake is a lie, right?
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-17, 23:13

I am alive... I am alive.... I AM ALIVE...
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-18, 23:24

Just saw the new RE5 trailer. Lookin chalk full of plot. Check it out on IGN, I don't have a link handy. Sry.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-02-18, 23:59

Now playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3 - like playing a movie.

Anyone on AN do online gaming on the PS3? I'm guessing there aren't many, but I figure it would be fun to pick up a title (besides GTA 4) that other people were plugging away at and try my poor luck at it. PSN handle is TheLittleDoctor if you need another friend on the list.

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-19, 00:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_bug View Post
Now playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3 - like playing a movie.

Anyone on AN do online gaming on the PS3? I'm guessing there aren't many, but I figure it would be fun to pick up a title (besides GTA 4) that other people were plugging away at and try my poor luck at it. PSN handle is TheLittleDoctor if you need another friend on the list.
I am StretchMonkey on PSN. Feel free to add me, I play COD4 and COD: WaW. Otherwise I'm always lookin to try a new game.
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-19, 00:29

tehscratt on PSN.

As soon as KIllZone is out I am looking to try and conquer the world online!!

Other than that I play Resitance2, Wipeout and Bad Company.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-19, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Orange Box.. Best value evah!

Although I am still stuck in a dark basement with some of those pumpkin heads from the second HalfLife episode.. Can't.... seem.... to... be... able... to... kill... them..... all... and... get... to... the.... lift.... in.... time.... Goddamit! Fsckers!

I beat the part on my first attempt.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-19, 08:07

Wow, you mean 3 of the 27 people in the PSN online community actually reside here?!? Wow.
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2009-02-19, 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
Wow, you mean 3 of the 27 people in the PSN online community actually reside here?!? Wow.
Make that 4!!

My PSN ID is nikstar101

Although i am not on it much as i actually prefer single player games, but if people are about (and on a UK time zone) just drop me a line.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2009-02-19, 08:55

and 5!

PSN ID is nikkudesu
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2009-02-19, 09:14

Just started playing Last Remnant for 360. It's excellent so far, and a definitive break from the norm for a Square-Enix RPG. Been a while since I've played a good military tactical RPG...best I've played since Ogre Battle. The story is just decent, but the battle system is beyond addictive.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-02-19, 09:41

and 6!

PSN ID is Yontsey.

I never play games on it though. Matter of fact, I don't even own and PS3 games right now. I prefer my 360 for gaming and pretty much only use my PS3 for Blu-Ray movies.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-02-19, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I never play games on it though. Matter of fact, I don't even own and PS3 games right now. I prefer my 360 for gaming and pretty much only use my PS3 for Blu-Ray movies.
Uh oh, looks like the Game Genies agree with you!

dmegatool
Custom User Title

2009-02-19, 10:01

-NHL09 (a lot)
-3on3 arcade (a lot)
-Killzone2 (soon)
-WipeOut (I'm not much of an online player for that game... tryin to get all gold medal at elite (3 left)"
-Little Big Planet (not played much yet)
-GHWT

PNSID : dmegatool ... How clever !

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."