Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion
Page 1 of 8 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2012-03-04, 21:40

Since we're all back to throwing loincloths over our balls and heads for protection, I'm happy to say that we now have an operational skellie trap for bonemeal and arrows.

Directions: If you're at the first-spawn cave, head straight out, take a left around Bryson's brick house and follow the shore to the peninsula guarded by a cacti wall. There are signs.

So it goes.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-03-05, 01:22

Oh, so that's what that cactus wall was for. I spotted it wandering around (hunting skellies, amusingly enough), but didn't get close enough to investigate further.
¡Damned!

2012-03-05, 11:22

Actually I put the cactus wall up so I could build a house there, but heard the WHHOOOMMM underground cave sound and started digging.
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2012-03-05, 11:52

What are the coords for the main building area, it seems that I went off in a different direction.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-05, 13:54

-200, 64, 300
¡Damned!

2012-03-09, 16:06

A handful of things:

First, the entryway to the skellie trap has moved. It's at the front of slanthaus now. I had to move it due to the storage area underneath.

Second, I started laying torches in the large desert E of Newport Beach (or whatever our beachfront home area is called) for an area that's just about right size for the MC Museum Complex. Since I wanted it to be semi-close to town this time, I also took the initiative to build a handful of bridges over the nice river that meanders through the desert in the hope that our new downtown keeps that as a natural formation. It could be really nice to have a city with a river running through it. Once the museum is moved I plan to replace the sand with grass, but that's a while away.

Third, I'm hoping that Bryson will cordon off a spot for his Arts Centre next, then the PO, then the Exchange, then whatever other Downtown buildings we want to move. Then we can fill in the gaps with new structures.

Fourth, earlier this week I torched off the top of the tall mountain E of the downtown area with plans to build, but I thought about it more and since that's the only tall mountain range close to town I thought I'd give Robo dibs on it for Hogwarts. Check it out Robo, if it doesn't fit your needs then I may still build there. The end of Museum Complex does get close to one of the foothills, but Hogwarts may still work.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-03-09, 19:54

[edit]: wrt big-ass mtns: There's a farm at the bottom of the large mountain now that wasn't there yesterday, so you may have to talk to whoever popped up there about that land. Hooray for not knowing who the fuck is anywhere now.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-09, 19:57

Speaking of which: Please stick a sign on your house so we know whose it is.

Unless you're deliberately installing mystery structures. In which case, have at it. I have at least one!
¡Damned!

2012-03-09, 20:02

Oooh. That reminds me. Who built the overlook structure a smidgen E of the beach colony? The one that overlooks some desert pools and is built with a bit of green cobble?

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-03-09, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Speaking of which: Please stick a sign on your house so we know whose it is.
My sign is: If it looks fucked-up and far more trouble than it's worth to build, it's mine.

But I will put a sign up. I was kind've waiting to see what RS did with his place in order to put a pathway in (and thus a sign), since he's on the spit between me and the rest of you.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-03-09, 20:31

Oh! And the skellie trap has Nether. Mould and pour, but it works.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-10, 00:48

NO MOUNTAINS?????

shat.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-10, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Fourth, earlier this week I torched off the top of the tall mountain E of the downtown area with plans to build, but I thought about it more and since that's the only tall mountain range close to town I thought I'd give Robo dibs on it for Hogwarts. Check it out Robo, if it doesn't fit your needs then I may still build there. The end of Museum Complex does get close to one of the foothills, but Hogwarts may still work.
I checked it out and OMG it's perfect. Thanks so much for letting me know about it!
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-03-10, 10:42

Quote:
Oooh. That reminds me. Who built the overlook structure a smidgen E of the beach colony? The one that overlooks some desert pools and is built with a bit of green cobble?
That's the start of my in-town home complex. I'm going to bridge the two overlooks and build in the interior of that desert mound. It's really entirely unplanned and have no idea what it will eventually look like.

I have a plot to the east-souteast that I'll be building on at a later date.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-10, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I checked it out and OMG it's perfect. Thanks so much for letting me know about it!
Looks like you'll be South of my Jungle then. My Jungle is almost due East of the town area. I'm mostly in ground right now with my farms but plan to expand to the tree tops in the near future. I can see the peak with the torches from my coast and tree tops. Look forward to your project there.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-10, 17:09

How far out can we go into the world?
Can you give me the direction for the few unclaimed mountains on the map... or perhaps just a hint?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-10, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
How far out can we go into the world?
Can you give me the direction for the few unclaimed mountains on the map... or perhaps just a hint?

Well, with the SSD space isn't a huge issue, but I would think it good to hold out until we can map the world and see what's already been uncovered.

Personally I think it would be fine to run wild. However it might make cleaning up much more difficult later so it's best to limit world expansion. We are currently only using 84M for the world files, so there is some room to move still.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Stevuh

2012-03-10, 19:28

There might be some mountains out by my house drew gotta go a way though to find them in the snow.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-03-10, 19:53

There's a bunch of snowy mountains to the northwest. About a days walk from town.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-11, 16:48

Drew: 200, x, -175

You're welcome.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-11, 21:01

Bryson, I went out there and made an initial settlement, but it is officially UP for grabs. It has some good stuff inside, including wheat, coal, wood, etc. - the bunker is really simple, but it has stairs going down into cavern below (just a bit).

Also, a crappy platform farther to west, higher up. That's just fiddling around, anyone is welcome to ditch it or expand upon it.

Grey has found me a mountain I think I like, though it's pretty far from town - boat is the best travel method for me right now.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-03-11, 22:23

I'm the mountain whisperer.

Drew: Tomorrow I'll be setting up a temp portal where I'm at near you, maybe I can come over and set one up there too so we don't have far to walk (or boat, in this case). I only have enough diamonds for one pick, but I'll see if I can't get enough obsidian for at least your nether portal (we can mould and pour topside).

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-11, 23:15

So...I found a spot for a mine and started it. Pretty sure I'm right on top of a spider spawner, as I hear tons of them. Zombies then started to break down my door from some 20 levels up. Not cool. Stupid zombies. Last thing I need is for them to fall on me.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Stevuh

2012-03-12, 20:07

I found a zombie spawner near my place. It's marked with a big dirt tower and torches if anyone wants to make it a trap feel free.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-03-12, 20:38

XP grinder 2.0? Not much use for zombie flesh otherwise.
Stevuh

2012-03-13, 00:45

that was my general idea, make a simple XP grinder with it. It's not too far down either maybe 20 blocks at most.
¡Damned!

2012-03-13, 17:26

So is there a problem with robo's mtn and Etnie's late land grab? I wasn't sure if y'all were joking last night....
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-13, 19:53

Quote:
So is there a problem with robo's mtn and Etnie's late land grab? I wasn't sure if y'all were joking last night....
Yes, Entie and Jack have claimed the same mountain area. Entie's fences are on the east side foot of the mountain extending to the river bank. Jack's hut is on the top of the mountain. Either they can share the area, or someone is going to have to move.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2012-03-14, 01:54

May I suggest that the people using AN's server actually log in to AN and read the threads then? If Etnie would've read this

Quote:
[edit]: wrt big-ass mtns: There's a farm at the bottom of the large mountain now that wasn't there yesterday, so you may have to talk to whoever popped up there about that land. Hooray for not knowing who the fuck is anywhere now.
maybe the land overlap could've been avoided.

Of course he hasn't been on AN since before that though.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-03-14, 02:55

The RULEZ we don't have them.

This will continue to happen if we don't establish clear guidelines as to what the appropriate course of action is for grabbing land. It is important for anyone before starting construction on a piece of land to walk the perimeter (including on top of tall mountains) to see if anyone is nearby and then ask. Build first and ask later doesn't work.