AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Skywalks

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Skywalks
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-06-01, 02:22

I didn't know if I wanted to pollute the minecart thread with skywalks in general so here it goes (feel free to merge/retitle if needed)...

Anyway, work has begun on the skywalk modification running between bp and the recently regenned mushroom mountain.

Practical changes include lowering the run to the level of the rest of the system (except, as my design currently stands, as it approaches the skyranch. this allows more seamless integration into the diagonal runs and eventually bryson's branch next to the arena/library. i have taken the liberty of mob proofing the diagonals by adding glowstone since there was a non-zero chance of mobs spawning on the darkest blocks (light level 7 -- a creeper happily jumping up and down just beyond where i was working was the final deciding point for this change -- i had encountered skellies and zombies on that section before).

If there are any aesthetic suggestions I am open to them since most of the work was done in a semi delirious/semi asleep state...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-01, 06:59

Do you have coordinates for the crater/mountain? I'd love to flit out and see the skywalk.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-06-01, 11:11

Its over by spawn... Just go south...