Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat
Page 7 of 7 First Previous 3 4 5 6 [7]  Thread Tools
JohnnyTheA

2014-11-19, 00:20

Hello... JohnnyTheA would like to play MC again with you guys...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-11-19, 07:39

You are still whitelisted. In fact, pretty much everyone who was whitelisted at one point is still whitelisted. Even torifile!
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2015-05-12, 07:00

I can has Minecraft? Robo's been bugging me to join for years, and for some reason today I've decided to cave. My in-game name is bwyatt_IN.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-05-12, 07:02

Omg
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-05-12, 18:27

bwyatt_IN, you are in! Welcome and congrats on joining the club!

We are currently still running 1.8.1 thought it's a Vanilla server so we really could go to 1.8.4 by this point. Let me know if you are having any issues connecting to the server.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2015-05-12, 19:00

Great! I should be able to log on in an hour or so.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-07-21, 21:16

Hey, should mention I've updated my username in MC. I'm now RowdyScotBear89.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-22, 15:28

You should come back and play with us again. You need to finish your builds and stuff. Sure we are boring vanilla, but it's still fun! Our map still shows you as just "RowdyScot" though. How long ago did you update it?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2015-07-22, 15:41

Ken and I are back to our old names too, so it must be something else.
¡Damned!

2015-07-22, 17:26

Also! Sorry I missed both of you guys when I was on.

I've been out at '13topia moving blocks away via the hopper railroads. It's tedious, but necessary.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-07-22, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Ken and I are back to our old names too, so it must be something else.
Grrr.... a bunch are back to "null" too.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-07-25, 10:44

Been doing other gaming than MC recently. Working on the speedrunning thing to try and have a run to submit to one of the Games Done Quick marathons next year. I'd love to do a BattleNova or something, though!

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Sirhc

2015-11-27, 11:08

Hi, my name Chris and my brother is arteggio. We'd like to try playing on applenova's world. My minecraft username is Zamlon.
arteggio

2015-11-27, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirhc View Post
Hi, my name Chris and my brother is arteggio. We'd like to try playing on applenova's world. My minecraft username is Zamlon.
I vouch!

Also, I've updated my MC username to timm27, if you want to update the whitelist. Though it doesn't seem to have affected logging in to the server itself.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-27, 12:02

arteggio! Long time no see man. I hope all is well with you. Yeah, it looks like the server still accepts your original name. The game server phones home to Mojang's authentication servers and keeps a copy of your UUID that stays the same even if your visible username changes. I hope to see you back in the game soon!

Welcome to the server, Chris/Zamlon/Sirhc! I've just whitelisted your user. Be sure to read the Good Neighbor Guidelines stickied post. It's mostly common sense type stuff that just needs to be repeated.

But first, would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself before we dive in?

I guess since I haven't done that kind of thing in a long time, I'll lead by example. Hello everyone! My name is Brad, and I'm a nerdy guy who unsurprisingly is a software developer by trade. Married, no kids, no plans to. My interests include programming in Python, vintage-style video games, Star Trek, lurking online, and taking long walks on the beach. I started getting my hand into building rudimentary websites in the late '90s. I've been running AppleNova for eleven years and another site for several years before that.

I've been in and out of the Minecraft scene over the years, but new releases (like 1.9 just around the corner) always draw me back in. After playing in single-player mode for a couple of months, I started our community server in the Alpha days five years ago! I even managed to capture the first few minutes of the world:

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-27, 16:18

Also, for the new members looking for places to get started, please take a look at our overworld map that's updated nightly here:

http://mcmaps.applenova.com

I snapped a pic of the top view and circled a few uninhabited areas near spawn that you could use to set up shop.

We will be trimming the large expanses of the world in the coming weeks, but the areas shown in this picture should be safe from deletion.

(arteggio: I believe that's your old castle on the western edge.)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
arteggio

2015-11-27, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
arteggio! Long time no see man. I hope all is well with you. … But first, would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself before we dive in?
Because I'm not sure I made my physical-life whereabouts known on here: I'm a film editor; graduated last year, freelancing now. Also returning to a novel I wrote in 2009 (!) and e-publishing that.

Quote:
(arteggio: I believe that's your old castle on the western edge.)
Thanks for the up-to-date info. That IS my castle, from early 2011! I stepped foot back onto the server briefly a month ago and found it. I had no expectations to come across it (had totally forgotten about it!), but was very grateful to.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-11-27, 18:52

Dang, Brad, that large surround down there south of Castle Whammerstein is a bit pessimistic, don't you think? I mean, just how small do you think Tall Town is going to be?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-11-27, 23:03

You mean Ghost Town right?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-29, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Dang, Brad, that large surround down there south of Castle Whammerstein is a bit pessimistic, don't you think? I mean, just how small do you think Tall Town is going to be?

Fair enough. I kind of figured it was, as Turtle so eloquently put it, left to be Ghost Town. Quick thoughts on how much space you were thinking around it? I don't really have an opinion one way or another... I was just marking off areas that looked vacant to my untrained eye.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-11-29, 18:21

No idea how big it will be. If 1.9 fixes iron farming, it will be about twice it's current size. However, that growth will extend to the west. If you look close enough, you can see the road tunneled through the mountain just to the west. Like I said, if iron farming comes back, I will build about 18 towers out there. If not, not sure if it'll ever get revisited.

Oh, and if copy/paste ever comes back, I want to move Monument Tower from downtown to Tall Town.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-11-30, 01:11

So why not build it anyway even if you can't mine iron from it? Seems like a cool set of towers. Heck, give some specs and maybe other players can chip in a build on too. Kind like the towers near the theme part or the businesses in your castle village.

Taillie_Griffon

2015-12-06, 04:58

Hello! I'm Cat and I'm MightGleek's sister and InvaderJak's sister-in-law. I use a PC! I've played Minecraft for awhile on single game mode.

I love to draw and paint and work as an artist! I've really got into metal jewel works of lately. I also love to play games! I hope that I can get to know you all over time!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-06, 14:36

Welcome Cat! We mentioned this in another thread, but in case you missed it, would you have MightGleek or InvaderJak post here too to verify you are who you say you are? Not that we're a distrusting bunch; we just take care to keep out the riffraff.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2015-12-06, 16:11

Cat's cool, i bought her minecraft as a gift a while back
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-06, 17:13

More victims!

Woohoo.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-06, 17:32

Great! You've been officially whitelisted, Cat. Welcome.