Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: der Drache ist kapüt!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: der Drache ist kapüt!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-02, 22:31

So, Jess (Grendagle) and I set out to slay the Ender Dragon. As we passed through the portal, we were standing face to face (super-imposed) and I wound up staring down an Enderman who promptly smacked me over a cliff and nearly to my death (which would have sucked, considering my healthy load of diamond armor and sword). Anyway, the kid and I had already settled on a plan of attack and she set out to knock out the health crystals at the top of the towers. By the time I found my way back up to the plateau, she had already taken out most of the crystals.

It took a while, but the two of us whittled the nasty beast down until Jess fired the kill shot. Thanks to Turtle for coming up and showing us how to get the trophy egg, which is Jess's to brag about (). The egg is now on display in the [future] pond outside the Whammer Dome.

So, that being said, the Ender Dragon is DEAD!!

We built a platform around the outlet portal, which is almost dead center on the island. Lots of work to do to build a path to it and such, but, hey, the Ender Dragon is DEAD!!

I am going to lay claim to a couple Obsidian towers, and the rest are up for grabs.

BB, I expect a fancy Enderman farm is forthcoming? Woo and Hoo!

Happy Ending!

Edit: And since I blew it, would a Mod please add "MC:" to the title? Thanks and thanks.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-03, 00:43

Dang. We like to do one-time-only things like that as a community outing. The last time we fought the ender dragon, we planned it in advance and had six to eight people out there having a blast. Some folks even had a voice chat thing going.

I'll probably end up wiping the end so the rest of the applenovians can do this again later...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-03, 00:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Dang. We like to do one-time-only things like that as a community outing. The last time we fought the ender dragon, we planned it in advance and had six to eight people out there having a blast. Some folks even had a voice chat thing going.

I'll probably end up wiping the end so the rest of the applenovians can do this again later...
Oops. Sorry, man.

I had no idea, honest. Well, do what you must. We had our fun. Just let the kid keep her egg if you can. She worked hard for it.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-03, 21:15

Well, after talking around a little bit, it seems the Ender Dragon is kind of a "community party", so it looks like I jumped the gun. Honestly, I didn't know that. When we made the jump to 1.7, Bobsky crushed the dragon on his own (with bookshelves, mind you) and I thought it was just kind of up for grabs. Looking back, I now realize he went in only because the map was getting torn out, anyway, and it just didn't matter. I took that as my cue to clobber the evil beast!

My bad.

The kid and I crafted a plan, didn't communicate it to anyone, and went in for the kill. We succeeded, but it now makes sense that it would be saved for a community project. Damn you Community-ists, anyway!

So, I would petition Brad (as he and 709 have suggested) to wipe the End and reset it. My one and only request (again) is to let Grendagle keep her trophy, since she kicked that bastard's ass!

¡Damned!

2014-01-04, 02:14

This world is a special case since we have End portals and Nether portals already created and up from the very start, but yeah, when it comes to either of those - or anything more enjoyed by a bunch rather than one or a couple - we generally make a party of it.

That kind've thing is largely why I suggested you not light up the NWSEx Portals you've been building in the Nether. You should put together a night of it - with your lead, obviously. That would be fun.

Don't feel bad about about the dragon thing. You're still feeling our ins and outs and our "um no" and "sure whynot?" things that we've honed over the last 3 years. You've already fit it nicely with us, but I might suggest going over the top-threads again related to MC. Not only are they lots of fun, but they'll definitely give you a feel for the world.

*The Land Claim thread and the Guidelines thread aren't just required reading of the first post, you should read the whole thread(s). You'll totally get it after that.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-04, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
My bad.
No sweat. You live; you learn.

Quote:
So, I would petition Brad (as he and 709 have suggested) to wipe the End and reset it.
Will do! I'm going to be without internet at home until probably Thursday (hopefully by then) because I'm in the middle of moving IRL and haven't set up the connection at the new house yet. I might be able to tether my phone long enough to SSH into the machine and wipe it remotely. I'll keep everyone posted.

Quote:
My one and only request (again) is to let Grendagle keep her trophy, since she kicked that bastard's ass!
All I ask is that she make a worthy trophy case in her new house for it. Just take a look at the magnificent one 709/Grey constructed to commemorate the first big end adventure! Okay, I know, Grey's works set a mighty high bar.

Speaking of which... Grey, now that we've upgraded to 1.7 and we have stained glass available... wink wink nudge nudge remember.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2014-01-05, 16:09

Eep! I did forget.

Done!