AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Current State of Trump®

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Current State of Trump®
Page 1 of 18 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-01-06, 16:39

There is only one person who owns the events of this day.

And that is the president of the United States.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-01-06, 17:47

Hey murbot, last time it was you Canuckistanian bastards, I suspect infiltration.

Seriously, this shouldn't surprise a single person who's been paying attention for the past five years. It's been telegraphed, on display, clearly communicated all along.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-01-06, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Yep. Please, let's try to keep the political finger-pointing out of the way.

I'll say this: I'm not happy about it. Too many adults acting like children this year, and on both sides of the aisle. It's insane. This is not the way to handle things, and the instigator-in-chief is not helping.

FYI: Better run to the store and get yourselves a few roles of TP. Could get fugly this week.
ffs. There is no equivalency between protests against police shootings and a mob being encouraged by the President of the US to violently take control of the Capitol. One of these things is formulated around the betterment of the US and the other around one man's ego. I hope I don't have to explain which is which.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-01-06, 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Hey murbot, last time it was you Canuckistanian bastards, I suspect infiltration.

Seriously, this shouldn't surprise a single person who's been paying attention for the past five years. It's been telegraphed, on display, clearly communicated all along.
Hopefully, the FBI will take more seriously their own reports that the greatest danger to the US is white supremacists.
¡Damned!

2021-01-06, 19:23

Well according to most right-leaning big-brain types the seditious terrorists were really all blacks in whiteface, so the FBI certainly has its work cut out.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-01-07, 02:02

Y'all I just can't do any comedy.

This sedition, this idiocy, this vitriol has made me sick.

I went and looked up the girl who was shot and died.

She was batshit crazy, filled with so much hate.

So much hate.

I watched the video where she clambered up to climb through the broken glass opening.

What was beyond that barrier? She will never know.

A shot rang out and she just dropped back and fell the ground like a sack of potatoes.

I think she died right there in the midst of the confusion and jostling and chaos.

What did she die for, exactly?

Was it worth it?

There is an illness that grips our world now - a vulnerability in our people to being hacked.

I go well out of my way to find ways to get along with people who have different ideologies than me.

In doing so I have been changed over the years - made better.

But there is nothing that has been done to improve my character by knowing people whose ideologies include strong belief in Trump.

And so it is difficult for me to hold my tongue.

This is not a news story, but a declaration that I look forward to the day when Trump is removed from our national dialogue.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2021-01-07, 02:51

Kscherer should not be a mod on this forum.

First, I'll ban all discussion that I don't agree with.

Second, then I'll submit some false equivalency to protect myself.

So you believe the election was a fraud.

You can ban me to hell and back, you dipshit.

But you might want to get your moral compass seen to.

Because it needs some serious readjustment.

Adios amigos.

Last edited by crazychester : 2021-01-07 at 03:07.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-07, 11:33

I have to say, though I am conservative and voted that way, I'm appalled by the actions and inactions of Trump. I can't believe we have been able to sit and watch the mob run through the Capitol and spit on America that way. That is not the actions of people trying to do the right thing or even stand up for truth. That was nothing more than a mob of whining and crying idiots. Hopefully those who broke the law will be held accountable.

It is truly saddening to see the honorable places in our country's governance be disgraced like this. I grew up in the DC area and have always had a very high respect for the buildings and those who worked in them even when I disagree with them politically speaking. I chose to support and defend our Constitution out of that same respect. I cannot believe the level of disrespect that is happening.

I also don't have all the facts, just media/blogs and they can only be trusted so much. There is more than enough, though, to show that it was truly a sad day for America.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-07, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Adios amigos.
Not entirely sure where all that came from, but okay.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-01-07, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Adios amigos.
Don't ever change crazy...

Edit: to cool passions a bit, I'm not sure I have ever seen Ken say he believes the election was stolen or any of the more conservative members of this forum indicate much beyond an informed conservativism (the ranting politicos were left, for the most part, at AI), and nothing close to Trumpista brain washing. There may be one member who believes that god annointed Trump to be president, but he's not even from the US so he can kick a brick.

Anyhow, Marjorie shouldn't leave and Ken's done a bang up job this last year...

Last edited by Dr. Bobsky : 2021-01-07 at 13:11.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-01-07, 17:03

That vulnerability Drewprops mentions, to “being hacked,” is basically ignorance. I’m not talking elitist “book smarts” either, just a general lack of any sort of understanding of a wider context, what others might think. And the bigger that gap gets, the more people like Trump can just pour giant steaming piles of shit into it to create what we saw last night.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-08, 19:10

Wow, Trump doesn't know when to quit so bad that he got hi personally account suspended from Twitter. I haven't followed him (nor used Twitter really) so I have no idea what he was posting. At least his habits will have to change now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-01-08, 20:22

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-01-08, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Wow, Trump doesn't know when to quit so bad that he got hi personally account suspended from Twitter. I haven't followed him (nor used Twitter really) so I have no idea what he was posting. At least his habits will have to change now.
In his last post before the temporary 24-hour suspension Wednesday afternoon, he posted a video directly addressing the DC terrorists and said in addition to his usual lies about the election, and I quote, "We love you. You're very special." I'm pretty sure that was the final undeniable straw in light of the heinous acts that had just unfolded. I suspected it wouldn't last long, and I saved a copy of that video before it went down, but there are probably tons of copies floating around at this point.

Historians and data archivists have been cataloging his Twitter since Trump became president. IMO the best interface is https://www.thetrumparchive.com/ if you ever want to look for something. They were scraping every 60 seconds, and since most posts were up longer than a minute before being deleted, they have a copy of virtually everything. It doesn't include embeds like the aforementioned video, though.

FWIW, Trump also tried to circumvent his Twitter ban tonight by posting directly from the @POTUS account, but his posts there were swiftly removed. Whoops. Here's a screenshot of the very short-lived posts.

Trump's accounts have also been perma-banned from Facebook and Instagram, and several of the havens for his conspiratorial followers are being shuddered. The r/donaldtrump subreddit was just banned. Parler is on the brink of shutdown; Google already removed its app and Apple gave a 24-hour notice for them to present a comprehensive moderation plan before they remove it.

Better late than never.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2021-01-08, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Better late than never.
Maybe? On the one hand, I'm happy his fascist digital-spittle is finally turned off. On the other hand... what the fuck is the psycho doing right now? With only a handful of days to go I don't know if I wouldn't feel better if I could see him lashing out. At least he'd be occupied.

So it goes.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2021-01-08, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
In his last post before the temporary 24-hour suspension Wednesday afternoon, he posted a video directly addressing the DC terrorists and said in addition to his usual lies about the election, and I quote, "We love you. You're very special." I'm pretty sure that was the final undeniable straw in light of the heinous acts that had just unfolded. I suspected it wouldn't last long, and I saved a copy of that video before it went down, but there are probably tons of copies floating around at this point.

Historians and data archivists have been cataloging his Twitter since Trump became president. IMO the best interface is https://www.thetrumparchive.com/ if you ever want to look for something. They were scraping every 60 seconds, and since most posts were up longer than a minute before being deleted, they have a copy of virtually everything. It doesn't include embeds like the aforementioned video, though.

FWIW, Trump also tried to circumvent his Twitter ban tonight by posting directly from the @POTUS account, but his posts there were swiftly removed. Whoops. Here's a screenshot of the very short-lived posts.

Trump's accounts have also been perma-banned from Facebook and Instagram, and several of the havens for his conspiratorial followers are being shuddered. The r/donaldtrump subreddit was just banned. Parler is on the brink of shutdown; Google already removed its app and Apple gave a 24-hour notice for them to present a comprehensive moderation plan before they remove it.

Better late than never.
r/conservative has been in full on meltdown/wild-eyed conspiracy mode for the past 24-48 hours--even more so than their usual 11/10 level of brain damaged craziness. Nary a single one of them can understand the 1st Amendment doesn't protect them against a company (Twitter or Reddit) blocking their account or subreddit. The added irony is that the mods of r/conservative ban users if they catch so much as a whiff of disagreement.

r/LeopardsAteMyFace has been a gold mine for capturing all this idiocy, whataboutism, and "Go look it up"-ism...

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
¡Damned!

2021-01-08, 23:00

Literally 10 seconds ago typing in "is " in Google search:

is parler down
is santa real
is sneezing a symptom of covid
is today a holiday (?)
is trump on parler

Top results. This isn't a great look for the USA.

(?) mine because, what? IS today a holiday and I wasn't told???

So it goes.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-01-09, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Maybe? On the one hand, I'm happy his fascist digital-spittle is finally turned off. On the other hand... what the fuck is the psycho doing right now? With only a handful of days to go I don't know if I wouldn't feel better if I could see him lashing out. At least he'd be occupied.
Sledge hammers to HDDs to break the platters? Burning documents? Anyone see smoke coming from the whitehouse?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-09, 04:15

I wish I could come up with something to say right now, but I've been drunk-taliknig with my kid for hours, and that is so much better than whaterver you bitches are talking about.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-01-09, 10:58

Yes please do, enough of this stuff, from both sides, it helps no one.
zippy
Veteran Member

2021-01-09, 13:17

I find it hilarious how these right wingers don’t realize that a repeal of Section 230 would shut down their lies and hate speech even faster. They’d have no choice but to create their own platforms, and then be sued constantly for the BS libel they spew all the time.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-12, 17:38

*raises hand*

Can we get a clean up on the thread? I'm all for political and religious bantering but this is a Daily News Thread. Heck, I'm only not replying to these topics here because it isn't the thread to do it.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-12, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
*raises hand*

Can we get a clean up on the thread? I'm all for political and religious bantering but this is a Daily News Thread. Heck, I'm only not replying to these topics here because it isn't the thread to do it.
Yeah, its spiraling.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-01-12, 18:17

Thanks for the move.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-12, 18:23

No problem.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-01-12, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
So you basically just want to rant about people who don't think like you do, and tell them to shut up when they post an answer?

How progressive-tolerant.
No, I wasn’t telling anyone to shut up, I said that because people were making personal attacks (on you, for one), and didn’t like that it was going that way rather the discussing the issues. Was my later post a little hot headed? Maybe a little. But hey, go for make person attacks.

To be clear I’m not left wing, but I’m sure not right wing either. I am not ranting, just stating what I experienced between working in the church for 8 years, and from going to a conservative bible school. I will not lie, so I will say I’m a much happier person now that I am free from that environment.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-12, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
To be clear I’m not left wing, but I’m sure not right wing either.
And I'll tell you what, this is a weird-ass time to be stuck in the middle.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-01-12, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
And I'll tell you what, this is a weird-ass time to be stuck in the middle.
Yeah, it leads to a lot of face palm moments and headaches.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-12, 21:01

Man, based on this I must just be right leaning middle.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-01-13, 02:53

Whoa.

Everybody out of the pool!!

Just don't delete anything, that would be dumb too.

GIT!

Go to another thread for a while.