User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

MS Excel->Powerpoint compatibility problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MS Excel->Powerpoint compatibility problems
Sauvblanc

2005-10-16, 14:39

I had a look for an earlier thread that might cover this topic. None found, so here goes.

I have a Powerbook that runs Office v.X. My work uses PeeCee's that run a variety of versions of Office depending on the age of the machine (some are only PIII's!).

The problem stems from importing a graph created in Excel into Powerpoint. If I do this on my PB and run the slide show on a PC, the Excel graphs that I've imported don't show up. Similarly, importing an Excel graph into Powerpoint on a PC and running it on a Mac...where the graph would normally be is a big box with a big red "X" through the middle.

Is there a way around this problem? Or is it worth upgrading to Office 2004 for Mac?

Thanks for any help!!