User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Current State of Trump®

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Current State of Trump®
Page 13 of 18 First Previous 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  Next Last Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-12-23, 00:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Every economy is a bubble. Ours is just the biggest and strongest, and will make the most noise when it pops. The Democrats will squeal the loudest, because they have no food in their cellars, nor do they have guns to guard what they don't have. Then, after smacking down all the Democrats, the Republicans will kill each other tryig to be top-dog.

We kicked the world's ass in two world wars. Since then, Republicrat politicians have been fighting our wars police actions. Left to the soldiers on the ground to determine their own targets and fight their own fights we would have beaten the hell out of North Vietnam, and we can out-nuke China any day of the week.

Every nation has this (including India and China). There is no nation on the planet right now that is truly "United" (except Canada, of course ).

You are not wrong on any of your points. But, each needs a little context.
Canada isn’t even remotely united either. Anyone who thinks any nation state is great and perfect is delusional at best.

Might want to look into the two world wars you “won” a little more. The idea that any one nation pulled that off is foolish. Everyone lost, but that’s not what we are talking about in this thread.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2023-12-23, 03:58

One wouldn’t need democracy if a nation were united.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-12-23, 08:21

Not to slow the melee down or anything, but did we pay for a 5 minute argument or a 20 minute argument?

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-12-23, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
One wouldn’t need democracy if a nation were united.
At least we pick our dictators every 4-5 years.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-12-27, 18:03

Michigan Supreme Court KEEPS Donald Trump on the ballot and reject 14th amendment 'insurrectionist' claim
Quote:
Michigan's Supreme Court has ruled that former President Donald Trump can stay on the state's primary election ballot, a week after Colorado justices sparked a firestorm by kicking him off.

The court rejected hearing an appeal of a lower court's ruling from groups seeking to disqualify Trump over the Constitution's 14th Amendment 'insurrectionist' clause.

The Michigan appeals court judgment was considered, but denied 'because we are not persuaded that the questions presented should be reviewed by this court.'
Either the Michigan lawyers suck or the Colorado Justices do.

Emphasis mine again. Funny how MISC said they don't have jurisdiction over this matter. Hmm....

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2023-12-27, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Funny how MISC said they don't have jurisdiction over this matter. Hmm....
It's a federal charge for a disruption on federal soil that is outside the jurisdiction of the states. It should be handled by the federal courts.

And, something just occurred to me. The Colorado case goes to great lengths to try to "interpret" the thinking of the 14th Amendment post-Civil War, but never really gets around to the historical thinking of the Yanks. In all of the history books I've read, the Federal government never considered the Confederacy to be an independent country with an independent President — they were breakaway states in active rebellion lead by a rebel leader. Thus, why would they include "President" in the 14th Amendment? There were rebel senators, congressmen, and other officers, but there was no rebel president! Of course they didn't include the Presidency, because that was never in question.

Article 1 wasn't written with the future in mind, it was written with one, singular action in mind: the Civil War, and it was specifically structured to punish those rebels at that time. And, because the North never considered Jefferson Davis to be the president of anything at all — but, rather, the leader of a rebellion — the Presidential office was never in question.

It's just a thought.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Ryan
Veteran Member

2023-12-27, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Michigan Supreme Court KEEPS Donald Trump on the ballot and reject 14th amendment 'insurrectionist' claim

Either the Michigan lawyers suck or the Colorado Justices do.

Emphasis mine again. Funny how MISC said they don't have jurisdiction over this matter. Hmm....
Or it's simply because Colorado and Michigan have different election laws. Which, if you read their respective rulings, you'll see they do.

MISC ruled that the primary is a private matter for the GOP. In CO that's not the case because, again, our laws are different.

Their ruling says nothing about the general.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2023-12-28, 20:51

Oh, don't worry. Just to make things interesting, Maine took him off the ballot too....
kscherer
Which way is up?

2023-12-29, 12:09

It's pretty crazy when the People's Democratic Republic of California declined to even consider removing him, even with a black female democrat as Secretary of State.

I wouldn't have bet a penny that would happen.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
kscherer
Which way is up?

2023-12-29, 14:41

Oh, my!

Trump Jr. wants Alex Jones as the Press Secretary for Goldilocks.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-12-29, 15:03

Quote:
Oh, my!

Trump Jr. wants Alex Jones as the Press Secretary for Goldilocks.

There is so much irony in some of the things Trump Jr says it's almost laughable.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2023-12-29, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
There is so much irony in some of the things Trump Jr says it's almost laughable.
FTFY.

I found this video from Veritasium on the Prisoner's Dilemma, and I cannot believe how appropriate it is to our current political climate.

Retaliation vs. forgiveness. Conflict vs. cooperation.

These things are lost in the Republican vs. Democrat ideologies.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-12-30, 09:58

Very much so. It’s very easy to have a us vs them mentally, it takes less effort, and fits with the tribal nature of humanity.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2023-12-30, 15:03

Respectfully, this thread has a little too much whataboutism going on. Trump’s failings are not excusable on the grounds of “partisans suck”. They are uniquely bad.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-12-30, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Respectfully, this thread has a little too much whataboutism going on. Trump’s failings are not excusable on the grounds of “partisans suck”. They are uniquely bad.
Whose excusing him? I think just about everyone here agrees that the guy is a nut job.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2023-12-30, 15:46

Pretending the Biden ticket is just as bad is a way of chalking it all up to partisanship.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2023-12-30, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Pretending the Biden ticket is just as bad is a way of chalking it all up to partisanship.
The Biden admin isn't as bad as Trump, it's far, far worse.

Trump says stupidly harsh things at times, and is deeply narcissistic. He hires loser people who flatter his ego.

But the Biden admin and the Democratic leadership in general are corrupt in ways that a Trump admin could never be.

In today's episode, they've quietly dropped campaign finance charges against SBF during the Christmas-New Year break. Because as everybody knows, the Democratic party is up to their necks in complicity with SBF's criminality. If he goes to court on those campaign-related charges, major party officials will be implicated. So they are pretending the second trial is cancelled because "it would make no difference" to SBF's fate, and the compliant, Democrat-loving media will quietly let it drop from the news cycle.

These are the kind of machinations we used to condemn when they were perpetrated by Russian and Chinese communist party officials.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2023-12-30, 22:39

Oh please. They dropped the charges because he was already sentenced to like a thousand years in prison and there's no point piling on.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2023-12-30, 22:44

Rubbish. It's about the truth not coming out. About where all that campaign finance money went. And who else should be charged.

I suppose you think the timing of this announcement is just a happy coincidence?

Do reasonable legal case decisions usually get casually dropped on the day before New Year's Eve?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2023-12-31, 00:49

Let's be real people, you don't get as rich as either of them without being a crook.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-01-06, 15:23

The doof just can't help himself. Every time you think he's said the dumbest, most self-fellating thing he can, he always tops himself.

Can't imagine what's next..

Let's strip away the politics and general butt-hurt of 2016-2020...this is stuff a genuine mental patient says/believes. Of course his true, rabid followers/supporters tearfully nod in hands-raised-in-the-air agreement (I saw an interview on TV last night or some middle-aged woman throwing in with this thinking and it just made me sad/mad and I had to turn the channel to spare the poor TV).

If anyone on the Left presented themselves in such a way, the Trump Right (pretend it exists, they're their own unique crowd, separate from mainstream GOP stuff) would lose their minds, start quoting "the devil is here among us" scripture and so forth. Trump says it, and his crowd cries and praises God, as though it's legit/sane.

It's too damn easy to cast a vote/participate in the election process. Like having kids without being prepared/capable, any idiot(s) can do so. There should be some sort of standards for both. You can't bring innocent life into the world, and you can't help choose leaders, if your brain doesn't fully work. You have to sit both activities out, sorry. But we don't do that. Any morons can have kids and not raise them right, and any idiot can go into a closed both and choose God-knows-who for high, important offices and positions.

That just can't be right. We demand more of motorists and fishermen/hunters!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2024-01-06 at 15:35.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2024-01-06, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
this is stuff a genuine mental patient says/believes
I mean, he said "I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'" all the way back in 2016, and he was clearly right. He has a loyal base and he knows it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2024-01-06, 22:43

That why he loves the uneducated.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-01-06, 23:30

He just always opts to say the worst thing. I’ve maintained for a while if he just stopped acting like an asshole, he would’ve had an easier go of things. A little humility, deference, modesty, quit starting Twitter slap fights like a junior high chick. All he had to do was keep his head down, mouth shut and work on the things he talked about/promised, and, during the 2020 campaign, simply say “I’m working hard to accomplish the things I said I would 3-4 years ago, and I humbly ask for your vote/support for another four years. Thank you”.

That’s all he had to do, and would’ve came-walked to a second term. But he lives to shoot himself in the foot, again and again, and stir the pot and act like a complete unhinged crybaby/moron/victim, even when there’s no reason to. I’ve never seen such an example of someone being their own worst enemy. :

No, he couldn’t even act like a normal human and do that. He had to insult his foes, mock/malign everyone who isn’t slavishly gnawing on his crank 24/7, and just generally make an insufferable, off-putting and needlessly contentious/abrasive assbag of himself at every opportunity. I truly don’t get/understand his appeal. What kind of freak does that personality/approach appeal to?! That’s a rhetorical question, BTW. I know exactly who, as I’m surrounded by ‘em.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2024-01-06 at 23:50.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-01-07, 19:12

I don't want to get preachy in here, because it's not the place and aint no one gonna get "converted".

BUT!

For those religious folks out there who put any stock in the "messiahship" of self-appointed humans:

Quote:
Matthew 24:5
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Mark 13:6
Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He!’ and will mislead many.

Luke 21:8
And He said, “See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not go after them.

Matthew 24:23
Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him.

Mark 13:21
And then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Behold, He is there’; do not believe him;
Just sayin … If you're gonna hold to the instruction book, you should hold to ALL of it.

Trump is no Messiah, but he sure thinks he is, and his followers sure think he is.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-01-07, 19:24

And everyone who believes that moron is, deserves everything that comes their way as a result. The same way idiots who made people like Jim Bakker and Joel Osteen bazillionaires. You can’t be that stupid/blind re: these people.

Don’t you think she me higher power/creator would choose more worthy, deserving people for the position than known, proven fuckwits and hucksters?!? That alone should be a big red flag to even the biggest, most gullible idiots out there.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-01-07, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
deserving people for the position than known, proven fuckwits and hucksters?!?
He's already got someone in mind, and it's not one of us at all!
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2024-01-07, 20:55

Quote:
I don't want to get preachy in here, because it's not the place and aint no one gonna get "converted".

BUT!

For those religious folks out there who put any stock in the "messiahship" of self-appointed humans:

Just sayin … If you're gonna hold to the instruction book, you should hold to ALL of it.

Trump is no Messiah, but he sure thinks he is, and his followers sure think he is.
Yeah I pointed to those with some of the religious people I know. They just shrugged if off, Trump is somehow the hero of their faith. So strange, he's basically everything that they are warned not to follow, but either they cannot, or will not see it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-01-26, 12:29

I just saw a poll asking the world's dumbest question. I'm not gonna link to it, because I don't care enough, but:

"Would you be satisfied with Biden and Trump as the 2024 presidential nominees?"

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-01-26, 13:23

I’d be satisfied if it were anyone other than those two atomic numb nuts. How sad in a country this size, these two assbags are the best we can come up with.