Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Current State of Trump®
Page 17 of 18 First Previous 13 14 15 16 [17] 18  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2024-02-22, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ω_ View Post
They have good bread. Ask Tucker.
And dressing! Get yourself some nice sourdough, coat those slices with russian dressing, stack it with about 3/4 inch of thinly-sliced swiss cheese, add a generous layer of chopped green olives on top and grill that baby up. One of my favorite lunches.

Also, the Republican Party is compromised and complicit and hates America.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-02-22, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Also, the Republican two-party system is compromised and complicit and hates America.
FTFY

drewprops
Space Pirate

2024-02-22, 13:06

None of this answers my question though.

Are Republicans pro-Russia now?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-02-22, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Fortunately, all those racist, bigoted Ivy League schools and their far left leadership calling for the extermination of Israel are all Republicans!
I've noticed that.

Anyone else talking this way about an entire group typically gets raked over the coals and called the N-word (no, not that one...the other one, four letters. The one that immediately ends all reasonable, productive debate/discussion. The go-to, knee-jerk word favored by every hopped-up, "politically aware" 20-something on social media; they live for calling others they disagree with this). Of course it's tired, weak, played-out and unoriginal. So are they.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-02-22, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Republicans are anti-democrat, so the party requires them to do the opposite of whatever the Democrats are doing.

This rings true with both party's ideals.

One should watch Joe Rogan's original interview of Tulsi Gabbard (when she was running for president) to find out just how deeply entrenched this ideology is within American politics.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2024-02-22, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
FTFY

You tried.

Hey, I'm all for a wide range of choices and representative parties, ranked choice voting, etc. But to get there, working within the current system, it's probably best to side with the party that actually believes that everyone (legally) has a right to vote. Or hell, just vote for the other guys and you'll never have to worry about voting again in your lifetime.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2024-02-22, 13:50

Quote:

Trump is pro-Russia and has been long before he ran for President, so of course Republicans are pro-Putin. Trump is their leader and it's his GOP, even more so now than ever. With the complete capture of the GOP – and the chaos that they're able to suffer upon the American people and the world – Putin got more back for his rubles than he ever expected.

Nevermind that the party is stocked full of credulous dipshits that will believe absolutely anything they're told. It's why we can't have nice things.

So it goes.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2024-02-22, 15:14

Yeah, didn’t Trump at one point during has last term say he idolized Putin and the North Korean dictator? I mean, if that doesn’t give you a clue as to what he’s all about, I don’t know what will.
Quagmire
meh

2024-02-22, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Yeah, didn’t Trump at one point during has last term say he idolized Putin and the North Korean dictator? I mean, if that doesn’t give you a clue as to what he’s all about, I don’t know what will.
It's not surprising a person who is authoritative by nature aligns closely to authoritative figures.

I probably wouldn't say he idolizes Putin and Kim. Just he aligns with how they do things vs how Western governments tend to operate ideal wise.

giggity
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-02-22, 17:14

Trump is a corporate man who is used to saying, "Do what I say!" and then people below him salute and jump!

Biden is a politician who is used to saying, "Where are my shoe laces and ckjaglbirun stjdgchs lehvkjn, angerqkbu, and what's his name and I went fishing!" and then people below him interpret his gobble-de-gloop into words they want you to hear.

Neither of them makes any sense to me.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-02-22, 20:01

Well, it’s one of these two idiots. Again. Nice going, America. I blame everybody but me! I never helped put either of these wig-wearing mopes in office, my hands are clean! Burns my butt, the more I think about it, which is why I try not to. “These two screwhead clowns? That’s what it boils down to…one man who doesn’t know his own name on any given day, and another who thinks his should be engraved in gold and backlit with neon on every whorehouse in America?!” Somebody just beat me with an iron pipe or Louisville Slugger already. I’ve seen 54 Novembers, a 55th really isn’t necessary. they’re typically cold and grey with lots of drizzly, yucky days. At least around here.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2024-02-22, 20:57

Apparently I'm the odd one out. I am happy to vote for Biden's re-election.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2024-02-22, 22:36

Count me in on that vote for re-election as well.

But, at the same time, I really do wish we had better candidates, on all platforms.

I'm still not terribly happy with Biden saying he would be a bridge president and serve one term and step aside, but also see the reasoning that he didn't step aside for this election.

What I'm really not looking forward to is the rhetoric and nonsense that will surely come around if/when Kamala Harris is pushed forward as the next democratic candidate in 4 years.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2024-02-22, 23:36

Until we are brave enough to resist the scorn of the herd, we are complicit in the bad decisions of the herd.

But still, heat death of the universe and all.

Que sera, sera.

Whatever.

It's so disappointing.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2024-02-23, 00:01

Quote:
It's so disappointing.

Life in a nutshell.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-02-23, 00:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
if/when Kamala Harris is pushed forward as the next democratic candidate in 4 years.
Pushed forward?

The corrupt wench is all but in. Biden isn't gonna last another term.

And then the Democrats will celebrate madly as the first female President is sworn into office, even though not a Democrat on Earth wanted her for President when she had the chance to get there on her own merits. The only reason she occupies her office is because Biden was too busy check-box politicking to pick a sound running mate.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-02-23, 10:45

Kamela's speechwriter came forward.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-02-23, 11:24

LOL!

Between Biden and Harris, there are almost three words that can be strung together in a coherent sentence.

But, only if none of them are more than two syllables.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2024-02-23, 11:38

Yes let's mock a stutter that he's struggled with all his life, that's a winning argument.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2024-02-23, 15:13

Human nature. Is it right, of course not. Still going to happen.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-03-04, 10:08

Shocking no one who actually has a mild understanding of the law: SCOTUS rules in favor of Trump and the ballot issue.
Quote:
For the reasons given, responsibility for enforcing Section 3 against federal officeholders and candidates rests with Congress and not the States. The judgment of the Colorado Supreme Court therefore cannot stand.
All nine Members of the Court agree with that result.
9-0 in favor of the US Constitution. Even the liberal justices sided with the US Constitution.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2024-03-04, 11:03

We will never have a straight, simple election process again. The toothpaste is well out of that tube and, going forward, every four years will be this big ugly hassle to decide which two questionable dimwits get the keys for four years. I guess that's the best we can do. :rolleyes

My only real input is this: once the election is over, get your butt out there and take down all these tacky, ridiculous signs you've plastered all over the place. Any candidate who still has ugly-ass signs mooching up neighborhoods and vacant lots, weeks after the election, should get fined some crazy amount, per day, until they're gone. And, no...I ain't gonna do it, as I didn't put them there. Clean up your litter, jugheads, because, after Election Day, that's all it really is, and serves not purpose. It serves no purpose prior to Election Day, but I'll let people have their fun and feel like they're part of something "big".

I've got nearby neighbors who seem to have a serious "political signs in their yard" fetish. Get a life.

That'll turn into a bunch of lawsuits/court stuff too, I'm sure.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-03-04, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Shocking no one who actually has a mild understanding of the law: SCOTUS rules in favor of Trump and the ballot issue.

9-0 in favor of the US Constitution. Even the liberal justices sided with the US Constitution.
I'm a little surprised at the unanimous thing. Like I said earlier, a *state* charged Trump with a *federal* crime, found him guilty, and then punished him outside of the limits of their constitutional power. I'm glad this was unanimous, because that eliminates any party nonsense, although I felt pretty certain the liberal justices would side with Colorado. Good for them for doing the right thing.

I don't want another four years of Trump, but if Colorado can't beat him at the polls, maybe they should find a better candidate and stop trying to rig the laws in their favor.

Last edited by kscherer : 2024-03-04 at 12:46.
¡Damned!

2024-03-04, 12:50

We could've avoided all of this if the Senate did the right thing and disqualified Trump after he was impeached for insurrection.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-03-04, 13:14

Quote:
We could've avoided all of this if the Senate did the right thing and disqualified Trump after he was impeached for insurrection.
He was acquitted of inciting and insurrection. Sounds like the Senate did the right thing. The member of Senate voted and (from your perspective) failed to gain enough "guilty" votes to actually be guilty. Sounds like you disagree with that verdict which is fine, but doesn't make it a wrong verdict because you disagree.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-03-04, 13:20

Quote:
We also could have avoided all of this had Colorado (and others) accepted the fact that Trump was tried at the federal level, and acquitted!

Double Jeopardy also applies to the President, and the states have no right to level charges wherein an accused party has already been tried and acquitted.

The founders were well experienced with double jeopardy, and faced it from the British courts on an ongoing basis. The "King" would just keep charging you with the same crime until a jury finally tired of the nonsense (and threats) and found you guilty (even if you were innocent).

Protection from double jeopardy protects all U.S. citizens from those who just really, really, really don't like you and want you gone.

¡Damned!

2024-03-04, 13:42

[edit]: nm - I mangled which criminal liability Trump is facing. Colorado, maybe. Jack Smith, no.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-03-04, 14:56

Quote:
[edit]: nm - I mangled which criminal liability Trump is facing. Colorado, maybe. Jack Smith, no.
To be fair, it is hard to remember *which* criminal charges Trump is facing.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2024-03-04, 17:56

Quote:
Yes, a *LOT* of them. But, none of those preclude him from running for office.

Which is exactly why the Democratic Party need to pick a better candidate. Biden is old, wobbly, his mind is going, and his successor is a corrupt buffoon!

PLEASE PICK SOMEONE BETTER!!!

Or, you're gonna get stuck with Trump. He's gonna kick Biden's ass this time 'round.

(Unless Democrats can figure out how to rig the voting machines)

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2024-03-04, 18:16

The liberal justices sided overall with the ruling, but disagreed on the depth of the ruling, which I think is fair. They thought the 5 majority judges went too far in ruing, but still agreed overall with the final ruling.

I really just hope this goes to a full election, Trump loses, and he slithers away, but we all know that's not going to happen. His goal is to delay all of these trials until he can win the election and then declare himself immune from all charges, past, present, and future.

I think we can all agree that would not be a good thing, regardless of political leaning.

The best outcome for these cases would be Trump just being on the ballot and losing, which would toss out his hope at immunity, but no election will be looked at as being legitimate in this country for a long time.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.

Last edited by kieran : 2024-03-04 at 19:13.