Using Crafty Syntax Live Help on Macs..

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Using Crafty Syntax Live Help on Macs..
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-07-14, 10:09

Afternoon!

I was just wondering if anyone had had any experience of using Crafty Syntax's LiveHelp or could shed some light on why a php script would work for PCs logged into a server and not for a Mac...

We are experimenting with it on a couple of sites and it is a lovelly and 'free' piece of software for chatting with visitors to your site.

It is on our servers running Apache and php in the US.

I am trying to use it remotely from my Macs at home (in Thailand - using either Safari, or IE [yeuch!]) so that I can log in and monitor site traffic and be available to offer support... However, on the Macs it just doesn't link up when customers try to chat to me... They can see me, I can see them, and they can see my responces, but I don't get anything but a constantly refreshing browser frame...

The site monitoring part works, and the connection seems to go ok.. but the way it refreshes the browser (either using the PHP refresh command, or by constantly refreshing the frame [You can toggle it]) seems to have an issue on the Mac.

The poor customer can see the text we are sending out but their responces never make it to my browser screen...

Later, once they have got fed up and gone away you can recover the whole 'conversaton' form a log on the server. It is obviously quite one-sided.. Like a deaf person being talked to by an increasingly frustrated person (of good hearing abilty) and that deaf person just shouting back at them over and over again! Quite amusing to read, but not good for PR!

So it is obviously working at the server end and data is getting from both remote machines to the server... but somewhere the customers text is getting lost between the server and my Mac...

If anyone knows of any php refresh issues on the Mac, or better still, knows why Live Help has a problem on the Mac and can suggest a work around.. I would be really grateful!

Cheers,
scratt!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt