Color Photography Sharing Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Color Photography Sharing Thread
Page 9 of 94 First Previous 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  Next Last Thread Tools
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-06-17, 00:04

Thanks propellerhead - I can see them.

I like the perspective of the architecture in first shot, although shadow detail has been lost. What building is this and where is it?

The second shot looks a classic. I actually love the composition of the sculpture and have a feeling I have seen it before. Is this monument located in many places around the US or can it only be found in one specific place?

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2007-06-17, 01:12

Really? can you access http://sporknet.game-server.cc/
It is the same server that I host most of my stuff from. Never had this problem before.

http://sporknet.game-server.cc/~web/...2_itemId=18404 - Actual image location.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
RichieB

2007-06-17, 01:40

I just took about 300+ pictures in beautiful Las Vegas (the Strip) I shall be posting a couple of choice ones here soon.
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2007-06-17, 03:24

RichieB: Why not? The world can use a bit more color...

We had three tigers born on April 3 at he local zoo. Yesterday I saw them for the first time:
"

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-06-17, 03:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpotter View Post
RichieB: Why not? The world can use a bit more color...

We had three tigers born on April 3 at he local zoo. Yesterday I saw them for the first time:
"
Wow. Good zoom or were you very close to them?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-06-17, 04:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
Really? can you access http://sporknet.game-server.cc/
It is the same server that I host most of my stuff from. Never had this problem before.

http://sporknet.game-server.cc/~web/...2_itemId=18404 - Actual image location.
No dice. The pages do not load. It may have been like this for a while (as an isolated incident) and I chose not to say anything about it. On the previous page though, there were about six posts in close proximity where I was unable to see an image, so I commented on it.

GSpotter - I believe you take good shots ... I have seen a few before - but the baby tigers aren't showing presently.

twitter
GWARREN

2007-06-17, 04:40

Struggling to choose one shot, so here are three favourites;

Not so sure about the Ladybird, but I thought I had better post something fairly recent to compensate for the cyclists being 9 months ago.

PixelMix - an (almost) daily photoblog for Scotland.
BlockSoft - donationware for OSX.
Noel

2007-06-17, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARREN View Post

Not so sure about the Ladybird, but I thought I had better post something fairly recent to compensate for the cyclists being 9 months ago.
The ladybird shot is phenomenal! Definitely my favorite of the three. Is there any chance you can post or email me a higher-res version to use as a wallpaper? I'm on an iBook, so I only need 1024x768.
propellerhead

Send a message via AIM to propellerhead  
2007-06-17, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Thanks propellerhead - I can see them.

I like the perspective of the architecture in first shot, although shadow detail has been lost. What building is this and where is it?
It's the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC. It's a very ominous building in person.

I'm in DC for the summer and there are so many things to do and see. I've been here for almost two months now and still haven't done everything that I want to do!

Quote:
The second shot looks a classic. I actually love the composition of the sculpture and have a feeling I have seen it before. Is this monument located in many places around the US or can it only be found in one specific place?
The second shot is the Iwo Jima memorial. It's a monument for the Marine Corps and all the battles and wars the Corps have been in. AFAIK the monument is only located in Washington DC, but I do know that the image/statue itself is pretty iconic.

Glad you like them and I'm very glad you can see them.

This whole censorship thing with Flickr is bad enough to make me stop using it.
propellerhead

Send a message via AIM to propellerhead  
2007-06-17, 10:17

Lights
GWARREN

2007-06-17, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel View Post
The ladybird shot is phenomenal! Definitely my favorite of the three. Is there any chance you can post or email me a higher-res version to use as a wallpaper? I'm on an iBook, so I only need 1024x768.
Thanks Noel, check your private messages.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2007-06-17, 20:04

Quote:
No dice. The pages do not load. It may have been like this for a while (as an isolated incident) and I chose not to say anything about it. On the previous page though, there were about six posts in close proximity where I was unable to see an image, so I commented on it.
That is very disturbing. I host a site for school projects and other important files. If there are people who can not get to my site, I would like to know about it. My site works and has been up for a long time. What ISP do you have and do you use any ad blocking technology (I don't have ads) on your computer?

Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-06-17, 20:34

Ebby - Don't forget that I'm based in China, not the US. (btw - message is: Can't find host.) I can access your SSBA.COM site though. It might be worth your while to PM Luca, ChineseBear and any others based in China to see if they have the same restriction problems as myself. I don't want to clog up the thread with any more banter, so if you still want to discuss this drop me a private message.

twitter
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2007-06-18, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
Wow. Good zoom or were you very close to them?
The cub was about 3m (9ft) away. I had to shoot through the grating (you can see the lighter areas on the bottom and on the right). I used my Nikon 70-200 VR lens at f/2.8 (1/60s at 175mm, I love the VR mechanism )

Quote:
GSpotter - I believe you take good shots ... I have seen a few before - but the baby tigers aren't showing presently.
Strange, this shouldn't have to do something with the censorship stuff. (I haven't marked it as not suitable, there is even a "cute" comment on that page ...

And no post of mine to this thread should be without a colorful picture

Mercedes 300 SL roadster in front of the Ludwigsburg Palace:
"

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2007-06-18, 00:39

sweet picture of the mercedes... I love how the angles on the car and then the clouds make it appear that the whole picture is just jumping out towards you. At least that's how I see it
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-06-18, 00:54

The color is beautiful in that picture GSpotter
RichieB

2007-06-19, 10:13

Here are some of the Vegas pics!

MGM Grand Lobby

Bellagio Water Fountain show

Bridge at The Venetian

Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2007-06-19, 10:25

how did you take the first pic in the lobby? there's all really great btw.
RichieB

2007-06-19, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKrzyzewski View Post
how did you take the first pic in the lobby? there's all really great btw.
Hmm... I kept the camera at ISO 80 for all shots since higher ISOs make for a grainy photo, in my Panasonic As far as the lobby pic, I just left the shutter open. Will post the exact settings once I get home and get access to my EXIF info. BTW, that photo was inspired directly by Stevegong's pic of the girl on the cell-phone in the mall (in the B&W photo thread)

Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
RichieB

2007-07-05, 23:47

4th July Fireworks in town:

lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2007-07-06, 00:03

Not sure how I've missed out on this thread, but since I'm testing out my first-ever camera (still!), think I should show a few shots!

Hopefully these images work OK; all should be linked to their interactive Flickr equivalents. There are some real gems in this thread...good job to everyone who's posted! Inspiring work (not sure if I can duplicate it with my economy-model Casio Exilim digital though!)

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2007-07-06, 01:58

Fireworks! Good idea. I snapped a few too.

I totally messed up on these images. I put my camera into manual focus mode and never focused it! Can you believe that! (Stupid) Anyways, only the images shot with a high aperture number and L-O-N-G shutter speed came out.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-07-06, 06:25

Great shots guys! I tried for fireworks but Virginia Beach canceled their show on the 4th! What's worse is that the Army base up on the north end of the beach did their fireworks show. I got a few shots of it, but my 55mm lens didn't get much of value. I'll get a few ready for posting just for giggles though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

2007-07-06, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_bug View Post
Hopefully these images work OK; all should be linked to their interactive Flickr equivalents. There are some real gems in this thread...good job to everyone who's posted! Inspiring work (not sure if I can duplicate it with my economy-model Casio Exilim digital though!)
Hey! I have a Casio Exilim too!!
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2007-07-06, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_bug View Post

Dogs love sniffing Exilim lenses.

Last edited by Artap99 : 2007-07-06 at 09:42. Reason: I do believe I accidentally called lightning_bug's grandmother a dog.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2007-07-06, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKrzyzewski View Post
Hey! I have a Casio Exilim too!!
Lovely cameras, aren't they? The portability of them is just awesome...but I do wish it was a little better at capturing action shots and the like without too much grain or blur. *shrug* Oh well, it's a great camera for me right now, and that's what counts, right?

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2007-07-06, 23:40

A new pic with my new Canon PowerShot SD850 IS.

Not really good, but I'm learning I used the color accent feature.

Sorry WR. I was editing the post when you posted. You're too fast

Deal with it.

Last edited by sirnick4 : 2007-07-07 at 00:22.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-06, 23:53

That's a small pic.
SpecMode
Wait what

2007-07-07, 00:17

One of the very few that came out somewhat decently. I just picked up a Canon EOS 30D a few days ago, and I'm still trying to work out the best ISO and shutter speed settings for low-light shots.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-07-07, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick4 View Post
A new pic with my new Canon PowerShot SD850 IS.

Thats evil...I'm trying to give up the Coca Cola right now!